Live on zuiderdam...ugh

Cruiser785

2 hours ago, Cruiser785 said:

I wasnt up for yelling or even writing a scathing email. I also didn't want my husband to see how upset I was and not be able to help me/us. Quite frankly, I don't even want OBC for the future

My mother and aunts were on a cruise where they had several nights of no AC, and wrote letters when they returned home. They were given nice discounts on future cruises. Even if you don’t intend right now to return, perhaps when you are home you might want to send that letter and see what happens. 

• Like 1

After a life time of cruising, we've learned to never book the first cruise out of dry dock or the first cruise of any new ship.

I'm glad you're in a better stateroom and hope the balance  of your cruise goes well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DFD1 said:

After a life time of cruising, we've learned to never book the first cruise out of dry dock or the first cruise of any new ship.

I'm glad you're in a better stateroom and hope the balance  of your cruise goes well.

OP may not have known the ship would be coming out of drydock when she booked.  On these HAL boards, we're fortunate to have a member who keeps us posted on those details, but when I was brand new to HAL as is the OP, I wouldn't have known to check.  In fact, we were so new to cruising that we were ignorant and trusted our TA to guide us, which she did.

OP, I trust that the rest of this cruise will be more stress-free.  As one who has cruised with HAL exclusively for the last eleven years, I can honestly say that if we'd ever encountered the problems you've endured our loyalty may have been severely tested at best or severed.  Fortunately, we've had lovely cruises where the worst problem we experienced was Prinsendam leaving Ft. Lauderdale four hours late.  We had boarded on time though and were enjoying dinner when she finally sailed.  The captain applied "full steam ahead", and we missed no ports due to the delay.  

As others have said, write a well-crafted, unemotional letter and see what happens.  Please report back to let us know what, if anything, Seattle offers.

Thank you for your good wishes. We actually did ask HAL when we booked and were told drydock was 2 weeks before...we were on koningsdam last year after drydock...had quite a few issues, so we wanted to avoid that. (Not big issues, just no working phone in cabin, dirty comforter...stuff that shouldn't have been, but didn't alter our trip at all).  Oh well, last few days have been great and hope for that to continue. 

• Like 1