Edge Embarkation day, Can I see MaîtreD?

prune

Hello I have a question from my friend who is taking the Edge on 12/22/2019.
She is worrying about her main dining table.(Classic 6pm dining she selected) She really wants to have a table for 2 because she dose not speak English very well.

Will the Edge has an opportunity to meet the MatireD on the Embarkation day?

I found some Edge Daily programs on the embarkation day in the website but I could not find that information.

Dose anybody know?, if so please give me the roughly idea when and where could she meet the MatireD.

Thank you so much,

6 minutes ago, prune said:

She is worrying about her main dining table.(Classic 6pm dining she selected) She really wants to have a table for 2 because she dose not speak English very well.

I found some Edge Daily programs on the embarkation day in the website but I could not find that information.

Dose anybody know?, if so please give me the roughly idea when and where could she meet the MatireD.

Thank you so much,

Yes...

She might be seated with people who understand and would be willing to help her feel at ease and she gets to meet some new people at the same time!

bon appetite and bon voyage

As soon as you board, head over to one of the main dining rooms.  Ask if you can speak to the MatireD.  I am sure he/she will get you a table for two.  We always prefer a table for two as we have had horrible table mates in the past-  You get a conversation hog, always late folks and the complainers to name a few-

Edited by Cruise a holic

On past cruises, [RCI, NCL, Celebrity and Princess], we have always touched base with the Maître D and have requested (the same) table for two in the main dining room.  Never a problem and was always successful.  I forget which cruise line it was, but they even had a table set up with the Maître D and an associate to take care of table requests/assignments.  Happy Cruisin' !

2 hours ago, prune said:

Thank you so much,

If she  booked Classic dining   for 6 pm,  she will have a dining room assignment 

(usually Cosmopolitan  but not always)  and will also have a table assignment or be given one upon arrival.  ( go a bit early..long line first night) 

She can go to that venue upon boarding and ask for a tbl for 2 ..or call X or her TA and request a table for 2 ahead of time ( always best)

The first night is very hectic!

• Thanks 1