NCL's online checkin is definitely screwed up

Project-College

Have entered my home number in the CONTACT INFO 9 times and always within a day it disappears from all members?

Also have gone from 100% complete to 84% each time.

TA Said no major issue, as NCL's computer systems always seem to have problems but we leave on the 28th and still can't print our eDoc.

Anyone else having these problems? 

Funny, never had these problems on RCL or Carnival?

Is it dropping from 100% complete to 84% due to the dropped phone numbers?  How many people are in your party?  Did you add payment info for each party?

Last year I never was able to get 100% on my travel companion  (my DM) bc I didn't enter any payment information on her name.  They wanted her to go in and do it herself...which wasn't happening.  I believe I was able to print edocs even though it didn't show 100% check in.  I guess maybe you need to call your TA again and have them dig deeper.

Update:  Just did the online check in for our upcoming cruise and have a 100% complete.  Will let you know if it drops off.  And BTW...there no longer seems to be an issue with my DM needing to enter her own payment info.  She was linked to mine to time around.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

8 hours ago, Project-College said:

Have entered my home number in the CONTACT INFO 9 times and always within a day it disappears from all members?

Also have gone from 100% complete to 84% each time.

TA Said no major issue, as NCL's computer systems always seem to have problems but we leave on the 28th and still can't print our eDoc.

Anyone else having these problems? 

Funny, never had these problems on RCL or Carnival?

I've been sailing with NCL for ages. I've had the same cellphone number listed for 5 or more years and for my upcoming (January) cruise, I was doing the on-line check-in and my cell number wasn't listed. So I entered it, hit save, and went about my business. Went back to the webpage; same problem. Re-entered and saved about 5-6 more times. Same results.

The website showed my check-in wasn't complete so I couldn't download my eDocs. Why? Because of that missing phone number. So I emailed my PCC. She called me back a few minutes later and said, "it's fixed." Yep! Got my eDocs and I'm ready to go. FINALLY. 😋

I printed my edocs a couple of weeks ago.  After reading this thread I went back in and it said check in 84% complete.  Had to confirm our arrival at port time.  I'll have to check my edocs when we get home next week.  Also, a glitch on our profile page.  It has a erroneous phone number.  I've corrected and saved many times, but when I go back and check a day later, the erroneous number is back.

NCL has recently experienced issues in transferring reservation details to their ships.  Do print out and bring your eDocs and all excursion/entertainment/dining reservation confirmation emails.  On our most recent Bliss sailing, the on-board record did not match what we had booked in advance, which required us to re-book excursions and dining once on-board.  It was frustrating to have to repeat certain on-board bookings, but having copies with us lessened the task.

NCL has recently added a step where the guest (not the booking passenger) has to login themselves and decline the insurance. You cannot print the edocs till this step is completed. It’s another example of NCL trying to improve profits over ease of use. 

I received an email yesterday, telling me that my edocs were ready.

I checked in and got them about a month ago, and already printed them.

I guess their software doesn’t recognise  that, and they just automatically email everyone, to remind them, regardless if it was already done...

It happens to me. Sometimes when I am entering everyone's address, it will change every guests to the same one when I click save. It can be frustrating, but when I called NCL 's regular number (not Tech support), they were able to enter everything in no problem.

Is it possible you are using ONLY two phone numbers as your main and emergency numbers between the two of you?  I used my cell phone as my main number, and used my wifes as my emergency number, then did the same with her login, (numbers reversed).  It dropped my number from my account and wouldn't let us use ONLY these two numbers between us.  It basically wants three numbers, your number, your travelling partners number and a completely different emergency number that ISN'T either of yours.