Bus from cruise port to Waikiki

JJean

On 12/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Check out TheBus.org.

Or "DaBus2" app on smart phone.

Many of the routes involve changing buses at Ala Moana shopping center.

Edited by odblnt

• 1 month later...

I took the Bus everywhere when I was there in Oct. even from the airport (I packed superlight for the cruise and only had a big gym bag therefore I was able to board the Bus without anyone complaining about my luggage size ). I stayed in the heart of Waikiki and took I think 19-20 to the ship and I think 2 on the way back to Waikiki. As you exit the cruise terminal both of the bus stops I used were to the right, very close, maybe a block. 

A couple of years ago we were on Celebrity Solstice with an overnight in HNL before we sailed.  We were going to take the bus to Waikiki but instead took the free bus as part of a pearl factory tour. We did the tour and then the bus dropped us off in Waikiki and picked us up later. It worked out great for us. 

• 2 weeks later...

The bus is easy and convenient to the cruise ship port.  If you simply go to google maps, put in the cruise ship terminal (ours is Pier 2) in the search then you will see those small blue bus stops.  There is a bus stop at Ala Moana Blvd and Punchbowl.  The Bus is really not a user friendly site, but if you call them, they are super friendly and helpful.  I confirmed our bus to Diamond Head to go hiking.  Easy.  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pier+2+Cruise+Terminal/@21.3014875,-157.8638252,18z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1scruise+ship+port+honolulu!3m4!1s0x7c006e0e9b3cf42f:0xf2d79756148fab67!8m2!3d21.3013326!4d-157.8651304

http://www.thebus.org/Nav_Menu_CustomerService.asp

Get the cheaper all day pass.  If you have a Medicare card, it's cheaper.  BUT, let the driver know first before you pay.  It would be best to bring $5 and $1 bills.  You can combine your payments together if riding with someone else.   Go to the links near top of the page for information.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the bus is simple to use. Check out the bus timetable and numbers.  But is essentially right outside the port.   On one cruise a few years back, we took the bus direct (no changes at all) all the way to Diamond Head.  We beat all the cruise passengers and were done walking back and forth to the top by the time cruise passengers were arriving.  Easy Peasy. 

Also, on the last cruise, we had our car as we had spent several days in Honolulu prior so we dropped off our luggage with the porters at the ship and drove our car to the airport, then hopped on the bus back to the cruise port.  All for $2.00 bucks I believe it was each.    Again simple as can be.