Diamond Priority Disembarkation

VanCoerte

DIAMOND MEMBERS:  If I get my luggage picked up the night before, can I disembark any time I want?  I'm particularly interested in getting off the ship as soon as they open the doors.
Is that possible if I'm not getting off under my own steam (with all my luggage with me)?
AND - if I end up waiting in the Priority Lounge: where is that?
Any tips you can give me, much appreciated.
Thanks!!

(Note:  This is my first trip as a Diamond member.  In the past, I leave the ship on my own early a.m with all my luggage with me.  Not sure I can do that this time.)

13 minutes ago, VanCoerte said:

DIAMOND MEMBERS:  If I get my luggage picked up the night before, can I disembark any time I want?  I'm particularly interested in getting off the ship as soon as they open the doors.
Is that possible if I'm not getting off under my own steam (with all my luggage with me)?
Any tips you can give me, much appreciated.
Thanks!!

(Note:  This is my first trip as a Diamond member.  In the past, I leave the ship on my own early a.m with all my luggage with me.  Not sure I can do that this time.)

I've just looked up the arrangements for our last voyage. Arriving at Southampton on QV, Diamond were supposed to be off five minutes after the Grills, in this case at 8.20. In fact, everyone was off well before the stated times, because luggage unloading must have gone smoothly.

They won't let you off before the luggage unless you self disembark.

The Diamond Priority group tends to be one of if not the first to disembark

10 minutes ago, VanCoerte said:

It can vary depending on the numbers involved. On QV/QE we've had the Commodore Club or the upper level of the restaurant. On QM2 we've always still been at breakfast when they've called our group so we never got to the lounge.

I can provide information about the diamond priority disembarkation process on QM2 that was in effect for disembarking in New York on November 26, 2019. Diamond members using priority disembarkation met in the Verandah Restaurant where we waited until being called off at approximately 8:15am to collect the luggage ashore that we had left out for collection the night before (with special cream colored tags attached that were sent to our cabins a day or two before the end of the voyage).

In order to disembark "as soon as they open the doors", you would need to do self-help disembarkation as you have done in the past, where you carry all your luggage off the ship yourself in one go.

Edited by bluemarble

As you  already know the idea of an early self disembarkation is that one is able to leave immediately after the ship has been cleared by the local authorities, providing one carries their own luggage.

It's only fair that those guests who have not elected for the early disembarkation are required to wait until their call is made to avoid clogging up the exit area/s.   Disembarkation calls for the remaining guests will only be made once their luggage has been offloaded and confirmation that it has been delivered to the shoreside baggage hall.  One will not be permitted to disembark early and then stand around in the baggage hall waiting for their luggage to be offloaded . 

As you are Diamond you will be in one of the first groups to disembark so you shouldn't be waiting too long in the departure lounge. You will be notified of the venue for the priority departure lounge at the same time as you receive your coloured disembarkation labels. 

Edited by Bell Boy

Wonderful everyone -- thank you.

If I can't do self-disembarkation (as I'm used to doing) I don't at all mind waiting until 8:15ish.  That is, I guess, what I was really trying to determine. 
If it meant waiting until 9:30 or 10 as I had to do after my first crossing,  then I would simply pack less so I can handle my luggage myself! 😊  (I'm travelling with sis instead of hubby this time -- thus the concern.)

Anyway -- thanks again.

15 minutes ago, VanCoerte said:

Wonderful everyone -- thank you.

If I can't do self-disembarkation (as I'm used to doing) I don't at all mind waiting until 8:15ish.  That is, I guess, what I was really trying to determine. 
If it meant waiting until 9:30 or 10 as I had to do after my first crossing,  then I would simply pack less so I can handle my luggage myself! 😊  (I'm travelling with sis instead of hubby this time -- thus the concern.)

Anyway -- thanks again.

The first time we did self-disembarkation was a challenge because we were new to it. I think the secret is the luggage it self and how much ,as long as we are able i think we will carry our own.....we have been outside before 8 and in our limo 

Hello

As one who has been diamond for years, you can count on being called off the QM2 at about 8:15-8:30 from the Verandah.   This assuming no issues with offloading luggage.  Good luck..

DECK CHAIR

Edited by deck chair