When should I hear if I got my upgrade?

mvh

I know it states that I may not hear an answer until the day of departure, but what has been everyone's typical experience?  I won't have my email and a printer to print my new boarding pass since I will be flying that day. I'm afraid I will give the porter my bags with the wrong room tags?  Do they really typically wait that long? 

There has been little info out here on this subject.  Supposedly they use the same firm as NCL which latest are 48 hours out.  However, from the three?? Reports here they've been about a week out.

ETA see unipac post on JS thread about upgrade.

Edited by dexddd

• 2 weeks later...

First I've heard about upgrade bidding on MSC. When do they offer it? I'm checking the US website and it doesn't say anything about upgrades. I booked with an online agent this time, will I get the offer to bid on an upgrade?

Thanks,

Tony

5 hours ago, vswan said:

We sail on the Armonia January 13. Heard today, Dec. 31, that our bid was accepted. Going from a fantastica balcony to a fantastica suite for $65 pp. Bid was $5 over minimum pp.

Curious - is that $65 pp per day or $65 pp for the entire 7 day cruise?

This is for the entire cruise. For 2 of us it's $130 more per week. To answer the question prior. I booked on the MSC website during the black Friday/cyber Monday special. Got free gratuities, easy drink package, internet, etc. Got the upgrade bid the following week. We are also taking an NCL cruise in late March. Booked this sometime this summer. Got the upgrade notices from them at about the same time the MSC things came through. Also did $5 over minimum on 3 or 4 different options. Will be a while until I hear on them.

• Thanks 1

Mine came to me as an email. I booked directly on the MSC site, but those who booked with a TA got bid notices also according to previous posts. Not sure how they decide who gets them and when. Think it depends on how full the cruise is booked and probably if you have booked rooms that are an easy re-sell for them to fill the ship.

We are sailing on January 12th and just got an e-mail this morning from MSC to upgrade from Aurea Suite to Yacht Club Deluxe.  We have been booked on this cruise since December 2nd.  We bid $50.00 per person over the minimum for a five night sailing.  I'll let you know if we hear anything and when.   

We are sailing towards the end of Jan on Divina.  I got an upgrade offer email already back in early November and heard back that it was accepted on Dec 12th.  We had a Bella balcony booked and upgraded into a yacht club deluxe suite.  Booked directly through MSC.  This is also our first sailing on MSC, but are Diamond aka Black card members, because of status match from Royal.  Good luck on upgrades everyone!

We are booked on the 1/28/20 Divina sailing. Received the upgrade invite 1/8 and it was accepted today (1/13)! Bid $10 over minimum ($65 each for a total of $130). Upgraded from a Fantastica balcony to an

Aurea suite. Excited to have a bath tub!

2 hours ago, echick said:

Upgraded from a Fantastica balcony to an Aurea suite.

Did they differentiate the Aurea suite with sealed panoramic windows from the Aurea suites with large balconies?  Or was it just one bid for a generic Aurea suite?

Thanks for the info.  Could you report back if you get any of the Aurea benefits such as My choice dining, thermal spa access, bath robes, room diffuser or priority embarkation?  Did you already have a drinks package?

16 hours ago, Até said:

Thanks for the info.  Could you report back if you get any of the Aurea benefits such as My choice dining, thermal spa access, bath robes, room diffuser or priority embarkation?  Did you already have a drinks package?

I called and asked that very question and was told no, the upgrade is for the 'real estate' only, NOT the experience. I've read conflicting results, so I'm just going to check again when we board.  Will report back! Actually, got a great Black Friday deal with easy drink package, wi-fi and gratutities when we originally booked.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, scorpioalon said:

We are sailing on the Seaside in late March in a Bella oceanview . . . Bid on whirlpool suite upgrade and accepted, received new room assignment but still coded as Bella 😞

And it will remain Bella. When I called after our bid was accepted (Fantastica Balcony to Aurea Suite), I was told the upgrade is for the 'real estate' only and that the experience (i.e., Bella, Fantastica, etc) will remain as originally booked. I've heard conflicting stories though so we'll see...