Sky Princess Library?

elkaycruiser

47 minutes ago, elkaycruiser said:

Is there a library on Sky Princess? I can't find one on the deck plans. If not, are there at least books to borrow?

I believe that it may have been combined with the internet cafe. There are many references to "internet cafe and library".

No library apparently......sad...if the cruise lines are so intent on doing away with libraries as it doesn't produce revenues i would gladly pay a fee of a few dollars to check out a book for a few days...not everyone wants to read on kindles or have to lug a few weeks supply of books onboard....can the cruise lines AT LEAST have a few bookcases for take one leave one somewhere on such a huge ship???  I have left dozens of paperbacks on ships for others to enjoy...it's not rocket science.

The little dedicated library space that had been located outside the Wheelhouse Bar disappears entirely.

No library. We were on the Sky from Nov 3rd till Dec 1st. They had a book cart with brand new books on it. In the Patter and time and place was listed .  Only offered one day at beginning of our cruise. Transatlantic started on Nov 17 and it wasn't offered then. They had several book exchanges in the Patter . People brought their already read books , put them on a table and we took what we wanted. Only passengers were there for this. Worked very well . Didn't really miss the library.I would suggest if you aren't bringing a Kindle or a device with books loaded, bring your own books and exchange with friends.

I do miss the libraries....not only did many offer a lot of book and magazine choices some of the better ones also offered a semi quite well lit place to sit in comfortable chairs while reading. 

There is more to a library than books.  If u were fortunate enough to ever cruise on the Prinsendam (and a few other older ships) you will know what i mean.

We’re also library fans - also like the dedicated space where we can donate books purchased for the trip and snagging something someone else left for the book exchange.  That’s one of the features we value on the Coral, and are looking forward.to checking out the Pacific Princess in May.  Looks like our cruise on the Sky in Novembermeans we’re carrying extra weight for books which I’ll just leave in the cabin when we debarked.   Grrrr

Thank you everyone. Looks like I will be carrying my usual load of books. That was always a good thing about cruising - that I didn't need to bring as many and could borrow at the library. I don't like kindles! I always leave my books behind wherever I am for others to enjoy. This will be the first cruise I have been on that does not have this facility.  Hopefully they will do a book exchange.

There is no library on the Sky and no book cart could be found. If you ask at passenger services they had about four books to choose from apparently left on board by prior passengers. Suggest you bring your own books or kindle if you enjoy reading. Also if you play Soduku you will have to go to passenger services to get some paper ones that use to be available in the library on other ships.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, LoriPhil said:

We’re also library fans - also like the dedicated space where we can donate books purchased for the trip and snagging something someone else left for the book exchange.  That’s one of the features we value on the Coral, and are looking forward.to checking out the Pacific Princess in May.  Looks like our cruise on the Sky in Novembermeans we’re carrying extra weight for books which I’ll just leave in the cabin when we debarked.   Grrrr

We will miss the library as well. But don't leave your books in the cabin. Leave them about somewhere where another passenger might pick on up. 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:46 AM, LoriPhil said:

On the Sky, they did a book exchange at an appointed place and time. So no need to leave books in the cabin, just bring to book exchange. They did this quite often on sea days. They even did it the last  sea day on the ship.  So your books will definitely be appreciated by others.

5 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

On the Sky, they did a book exchange at an appointed place and time. So no need to leave books in the cabin, just bring to book exchange. They did this quite often on sea days. They even did it the last  sea day on the ship.  So your books will definitely be appreciated by others.

Thanks for this .... Good info!

• 1 month later...

The down side of the library book exchange. I saw a woman on the last day with an armload of books she was taking home. Normally people leave them for future passengers to read.

Kindle and Kobo are replacing need to pack a month worth of books. I still like the books but cloths take priority over books.