Where exactly do cruise ships dock in BA

lorri111

I understand there are a few terminals at Terminal de Cruceros Benito Quinquela Martin - where do the big cruise ships dock? I want to work out exactly what instructions I need to give the taxi driver to get to the right place! Will be on Coral Princess.

You will be taking a shuttle bus to a terminal where you'll claim your luggage and go through customs and immigration. Outside at the curb are taxis lined up. You show them where you're going and they tell you the price which you then pay. Super easy.

23 minutes ago, clo said:

You will be taking a shuttle bus to a terminal where you'll claim your luggage and go through customs and immigration. Outside at the curb are taxis lined up. You show them where you're going and they tell you the price which you then pay. Super easy.

Going the other way - from BA hotel to terminal to catch ship.

6 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Going the other way - from BA hotel to terminal to catch ship.

You should verify this with the cruise line or TA but my guess is that it will be the reverse of what I wrote. The ships are docked back where all the cargo 'stuff' is going on and I don't believe that any vehicles can go back there...or should want to go back there. It's crowded and complicated.

Edited by clo

On 12/23/2019 at 5:51 AM, teacherman said:

Our ship is staying overnight, but we are disembarking on arrival day.  I "assume" we will take our own luggage on to the shuttle bus.  Is that correct from those of you who may have done this previously?  (HAL Zaandam)

Our experience a couple of weeks ago we took the shuttle from the ship to the terminal building where various ships' luggage was sitting in groups. You got your bags and cleared customs and immigration. Then a quick walk out to the front for taxis et al.

In BA, cruise ships dock in the cargo port. There are shuttle buses to take you between the ship and passenger terminal. Due to security taxis don't get inside , they are waiting outside the terminal.  Also due to security you cannot wander through the port, you have to take the shuttle.

• 4 weeks later...