Live from the Sky Christmas/New Yrs

h-sar

Just now, worldtraveller said:

If you happen to be up on the Sun deck (#17) again, can you take a photo of the hallway area by S110 & S112 as well as the doorways?  I know this is a strange request but last year we were on the Emerald and there was a jutout of some kind by the door which made getting in & out with a wheelchair or walker very difficult even though they were the approved width. We are on the Sky later this year so would like to know in advance if we may have the same issue and if one doorway has the issue but not the other we may need to change people around (my father uses a WC or walker depending on how he is doing and distance we are going).

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Absolutely. 

22 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

We booked for next year New Years cruise on the Sky on the Sun Deck #17 (S303 ).  Any picks of that vicinity would be much appreciated 

thanks for the review (what level is your cabin h-sar?)

I took a couple of photos in the vicinity of S223/225 looking aft/forward.

3rd photo from outside pool side looking at the cabin hallway glass.

610AAE3F-8BA6-48AA-90FC-28454AE83905.jpeg

68C8B6D8-3571-4DA8-9035-EA948AE676D2.jpeg

54601E1C-3190-460D-B4E9-FA9E1404A3BE.jpeg

C16967A3-364D-4BA0-9342-7E9859235913.jpeg

D09E7571-F9E7-4C9C-AA39-3658A3BCE255.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Luckiestmanonearth said:

We booked for next year New Years cruise on the Sky on the Sun Deck #17 (S305 ).  Any picks of that vicinity would be much appreciated 

DB

We’re in a deluxe balcony in the 600’s, so mid back. Going to bite the economic bullet and go to two interiors next year.We managed to make it work this yr with all 4 of us in one, but don’t think any of us wish to repeat the experience😀.

Edited by h-sar

Enjoyed reading your trip report so far … you must be on a 10 night + cruise?  The last time we cruised with Princess was over 11 years ago; being Platinum we wanted to try something different for cruising.  So was a bit surprised to see that the closet/bathroom area still has that familiar feel, even on the new Sky Princess … particularly the round curtained shower area!  Are you in a balcony stateroom or mini-suite? 

Having cruised with Disney and Celebrity in the last decade, we enjoyed experiencing the different vibe and offerings of these two cruise lines. We returned from our last cruise aboard the Celebrity Edge eight months ago and having read about the new upcoming Sky Princess, decided to put a deposit down for a mini-suite for later this year.  Final payment isn't due till this summer so have plenty of time to see how people view the new Sky Princess.  The ship is more of a destination for us rather than the cruise ports, having visited many of the ports multiple times.  

Like the description of the Enclave aboard the Sky … how much is the pass for that area for the duration of the cruise? Did you purchase it on day of embarkation? Is the water quite warm - is it salt or mineral water?

Since it appears you are a long time Princess cruiser, do you enjoy the quality of Princess's dining offerings? Would you say that the Crown Grill aboard the Sky is a step above the Keg … or similar to Ruth's Chris?    

I am familiar with the Edmonton area and how difficult it is to fly anywhere from YEG inexpensively … which airline did you use to get to FLL? 

Anyways, hope you and the family are enjoying your time aboard the Sky.  

Thanks

Just now, sttopmh said:

Yes! Thanks for the tip about Ross. I just went there today and purchased two gowns. Haven’t been there in years.

For a similar dress in my city, I would be paying well over $100 or more. As we typically sail at Christmas time and New Year’s on Princess, I always hit the Ross that is conveniently located in our traditional pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale and pick up at least two or three formal night dresses. The red one was recycled from two years ago. 

Just now, FM said:

Enjoyed reading your trip report so far … you must be on a 10 night + cruise?  The last time we cruised with Princess was over 11 years ago; being Platinum we wanted to try something different for cruising.  So was a bit surprised to see that the closet/bathroom area still has that familiar feel, even on the new Sky Princess … particularly the round curtained shower area!  Are you in a balcony stateroom or mini-suite? 

Having cruised with Disney and Celebrity in the last decade, we enjoyed experiencing the different vibe and offerings of these two cruise lines. We returned from our last cruise aboard the Celebrity Edge eight months ago and having read about the new upcoming Sky Princess, decided to put a deposit down for a mini-suite for later this year.  Final payment isn't due till this summer so have plenty of time to see how people view the new Sky Princess.  The ship is more of a destination for us rather than the cruise ports, having visited many of the ports multiple times.  

Like the description of the Enclave aboard the Sky … how much is the pass for that area for the duration of the cruise? Did you purchase it on day of embarkation? Is the water quite warm - is it salt or mineral water?

Since it appears you are a long time Princess cruiser, do you enjoy the quality of Princess's dining offerings? Would you say that the Crown Grill aboard the Sky is a step above the Keg … or similar to Ruth's Chris?    

I am familiar with the Edmonton area and how difficult it is to fly anywhere from YEG inexpensively … which airline did you use to get to FLL? 

Anyways, hope you and the family are enjoying your time aboard the Sky.  

Thanks

Just returned from a pretty exhausting day of doing nothing, but lounging around at Orient Beach LOL, so will return to your questions a little bit later on.

Quickly, though,we are on for two weeks. Booked it as one week for Christmas and one week for New Year’s, because, when we booked about 14 months out, believe it or not, the quad balconies for a 14 day cruise were already sold out, so we booked as two legs. Which I’m confused about as we’re in the same cabin.  

With the flights being so expensive from Edmonton down south at Christmas, we maximize our time there and stay for the full two weeks. With me being in education and the kids in University, we can only go at the most expensive time. 🙁

56 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Orient Beach ....  Odalolly !  🙉 no evil ....🙊 speak no evil .... 🙈 see no evil 

LOL! 
We’re pretty tame, so stay on the clothing side. However, as per usual, I did see my one requisite older topless European woman walking nonchalantly down and back the length of the beach. Don’t even think anyone really noticed her.

Edited by h-sar
  • Like 1

Just now, dkitty said:

Was the French side open - I know there were some rioting going on 

Yup, completely open. Saw no hint of anything. Think the brunt if it occurred a couple of weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, h-sar said:

Just returned from a pretty exhausting day of doing nothing, but lounging around at Orient Beach LOL, so will return to your questions a little bit later on.

Quickly, though,we are on for two weeks. Booked it as one week for Christmas and one week for New Year’s, because, when we booked about 14 months out, believe it or not, the quad balconies for a 14 day cruise were already sold out, so we booked as two legs. Which I’m confused about as we’re in the same cabin.  

With the flights being so expensive from Edmonton down south at Christmas, we maximize our time there and stay for the full two weeks. With me being in education and the kids in University, we can only go at the most expensive time. 🙁

They will keep cabins out of inventory for the 14 day but make them available for each 7 day booked separately.

Sometimes you or a TA can get Princess to release the cabin so it is bookable as a 14 day.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h-sar said:

We are hanging out in Alberta for you. 😂 we come up from South Carolina every year for Christmas and/or New Years.  In Banff til Sunday then Calgary over night. 

We were on the Sky Dec 4 so we joke that December held one extreme to the other for us weather wise. 

Just now, phred119s said:

We are hanging out in Alberta for you. 😂 we come up from South Carolina every year for Christmas and/or New Years.  In Banff til Sunday then Calgary over night. 

We were on the Sky Dec 4 so we joke that December held one extreme to the other for us weather wise. 

You LEAVE SC in the winter to willingly hang out in Alberta?! 

Actually, Banff in winter is one of the most beautiful places on earth. But I’ll continue heading south 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, hllwdcruiser said:

@h-sar Love your dress! I just happened to pick up a dress for our March cruise today at Marshall's. You beat me on price though - mine was $29! 

After having shopped at Ross in the States for the past few years, I find Marshall’s too rich for my blood, LOL. 

$29 is a fantastic deal for a cruise dress! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

We booked for next year New Years cruise on the Sky on the Sun Deck #17 (S305 ).  Any picks of that vicinity would be much appreciated 

Here you go...

The first pic shows your cabin 305 with the  iPad. Second and third pics show your hall  coming in from outside, and the iPad showing is your neighbour. 

Final pic is your door. 

F05DA83E-0019-49A2-9837-251FC6044D05.jpeg

5420CA30-031B-4980-8A56-84DD4BFF402C.jpeg

E43A0688-255B-482F-A543-C460F83D0868.jpeg

3CD02EAD-4088-40A5-AB6C-397812B9E8F7.jpeg

11 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They will keep cabins out of inventory for the 14 day but make them available for each 7 day booked separately.

Sometimes you or a TA can get Princess to release the cabin so it is bookable as a 14 day.

Bingo.  When we booked our 14 Day East/West Caribbean on the Enchanted for December, the aft room we wanted was only available on the Aloha deck, which I did not want.  Checked back over a two month period and that same room was still the only room available.  However when I actually made the reservation I asked our Princess TA if other rooms were available and boom.. got the very room we wanted however it was not even an option if booking on your own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WISH84 said:

Bingo.  When we booked our 14 Day East/West Caribbean on the Enchanted for December, the aft room we wanted was only available on the Aloha deck, which I did not want.  Checked back over a two month period and that same room was still the only room available.  However when I actually made the reservation I asked our Princess TA if other rooms were available and boom.. got the very room we wanted however it was not even an option if booking on your own.

Several years ago we were looking for a 14 day cruise and wanted a certain cabin.  It showed that it wasn't available however when we checked the two 7 day cruises (that made up the 14 day) the cabin was available for each 7 day.  A call to our TA who called Princess and bingo, got the cabin for the 14 day.  

4 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

If you happen to be up on the Sun deck (#17) again, can you take a photo of the hallway area by S110 & S112 as well as the doorways?  I know this is a strange request but last year we were on the Emerald and there was a jutout of some kind by the door which made getting in & out with a wheelchair or walker very difficult even though they were the approved width. We are on the Sky later this year so would like to know in advance if we may have the same issue and if one doorway has the issue but not the other we may need to change people around (my father uses a WC or walker depending on how he is doing and distance we are going).

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I got lucky and the room was being serviced, so got some pics from hall of inside of room 110. 

pic one with iPad is 112

pics of inside is room are of 110

pic of door is 112

pic 5 showing cart shows iPad of 110

pic 6 shows large glass door going into retreat pool 

No jut outs. Hallways are very wide and you should have no problems. In final pic, where hallway goes right, it’s a very wide turn. 

98EF3FF1-BF4A-4D3C-9DA0-C7B5C75DF489.jpeg

34435582-C564-4092-93D8-F305DFEB90B6.jpeg

0EFA7B9F-16E5-4377-9507-3BF4836EE358.jpeg

FD663E28-5525-4869-AF46-0735EB0C81F7.jpeg

99CF328A-72DC-438B-AF4D-EFC24BF22158.jpeg

4278DD15-8D1D-4D89-9D78-8EB9B0ADB60B.jpeg