More formal wear questions

steilkurve

23 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve seen people wearing their wet swimsuits into areas with suggested dress codes and were not asked to leave. 

I have to, but that sucks. Not a fan of sitting in a wet chair afyer them, but hey, it's their right I guess.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

For example, when we wore this, we fit in just fine 🙂

145B8300-509E-457E-AA64-5DFF88A157D4.jpeg

this is where I think dress codes are a joke. Not picking on the folks in the picture because we dress similarly every night and they look very nice imo. 

what I am saying is for women switch the floral print dress for a darker color solid dress and maybe nicer sandals and some would say perfectly formally dressed. Mind you that is in lightweight clothes perfect for the Caribbean. Now you same folks say guys need to wear heavy dress pants shirt tie and jacket and full dress shoes, and if a tux, more add ons in the Caribbean. Now me, I would need to wash it every night because I would be drenched. 

Sad that people can’t see guys dressed in nice lightweight dress pants, short sleeved dress shirt, and a tie as fine for formal night in a warm/hot location. Just my 2 cents even though many will disagree. 

Edited by cgolf2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Now how in the world did you get that conjecture?  

It shouldn't be to hard to figure... You are using wet swimsuits in inappropriate areas and contrary to the rules but not being unenforced to buttress your argument that ignoring  dining recommendations is perfectly acceptable.  There are all kinds of things, rightly or wrongly, where exceptions are made.  It's a gentle leap until we find other exceptions you don't like.

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It shouldn't be to hard to figure... You are using wet swimsuits in inappropriate areas and contrary to the rules but not being unenforced to buttress your argument that ignoring  dining recommendations is perfectly acceptable.  There are all kinds of things, rightly or wrongly, where exceptions are made.  It's a gentle leap until we find other exceptions you don't like.

I have never worn a swimsuit much less wet into the lounge area I referenced. Maybe read my post again. I think I said I have witnessed. 

Personally, it doesn’t bother me they wore swimsuits but wet ones is a bit too much. 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, sparks1093 said:

I've only one sailing on Royal but that doesn't square with our experience. On Anthem I would say well over half were wearing either a sport coat or business suit, so wearing a sport coat wouldn't make one overdressed. 

On Grandeur, a number of men wear tuxes.  A goodly number of suits.  A lot of sports coats or blazers.  And then other wear.

A sport coat is NOT over dressed.

• Like 3