Ability to Self Disembark?

halfapair

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Our first Princess cruise was last year from LA through the Panama Canal to FLL.

We were amazed to see the absolute CRUSH of people lined up in immigration when we didn't get off in the first group!!  One of the suite perks on Princess is priority DISembarkation.

I guess different ships do things differently ?

Yes, if you ask at Passenger Services or request it by the form you will get it. Realize that any passenger will almost certainly receive the disembarkation time they request. So even though Princess advertises this as a suite benefit it's not a real big one.

1 minute ago, skynight said:

Yes, if you ask at Passenger Services or request it by the form you will get it. Realize that any passenger will almost certainly receive the disembarkation time they request. So even though Princess advertises this as a suite benefit it's not a real big one.

we put bags out the night before, and request the earliest time possible under this scenario … that way our bags 'might' be some of the first to be able to be picked up at the port … then we disembark when ready … never had a problem doing this, at least at PE/FLL

On 12/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

Just got form for this week.  Walkoff is anytime from 6:30-9am.  Whenever you are ready.

That's the way it worked on the Regal last Sunday. No slots were assigned for the walk offs as they did in the past. Just show up when you were ready on deck 5 & proceed to imaginations. 

Leave early enough & there are no lines at the escalator, elevator or imaginations. We were at the car by 6:45 even taking a shuttle.

btw- In the past they never checked which time slot was assigned anyway.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:44 PM, steelers36 said:

We have Global Entry, so so too concerned with a line downstairs. 

I have Global Entry, but my wife does not. Does that mean we have to go through the regular (non Global Entry) lines together?

2 minutes ago, sunnut said:

I have Global Entry, but my wife does not. Does that mean we have to go through the regular (non Global Entry) lines together?

Probably yes, but not to worry, immigration goes fairly fast. Global entry only in Ft. Lauderdale. Other US ports do not have global entry.

7 hours ago, sunnut said:

7 hours ago, skynight said:

Probably yes, but not to worry, immigration goes fairly fast. Global entry only in Ft. Lauderdale. Other US ports do not have global entry.

Not probably... rules are that every member of a party must be a registered member.  Same if driving in a car between USA and Canada.  All passengers must be valid members of NEXUS or GE in order to use the priority lines/lanes.

15 hours ago, sunnut said:

When utilizing Global Entry on a sea entry into the US (Ft. Lauderdale is currently the only passenger port offering this service) you have to physically show your Global Entry card (same for land crossings too).