Guarantee Cabin Not Eligible for Free Perk?

CruiserMickey

I have been pricing out cruises with the current “extra perk” and can’t seem to combine a guarantee veranda cabin with non refundable deposit and one perk. Are guarantees excluded from that benefit? Just curious.  I couldn’t see anything in the fine print to indicate that? Or is it an infamous Celebrity website pricing glitch? I will be calling my vacation planner to ask, but thought that someone here might already know.

I’ve seen guarantee cabins priced bare bones with no perks and have also seen them priced with perks.  My last two guarantee bookings came with the same perks as a regular booking.

if there are no perks included does it give you an option to add one during the booking process?  Might also be worth a call to X or your TA.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ocngypz said:

Depends on the rate code.  If it is a fairly close-in sailing... the actual rate code could be Exciting Deals which is the lowest rate, but comes with no perks.

Ordinarily it is the W, XA, XC, X, Y and Z categories that don't receive any perks (Guaranteed suite, aqua class, concierge class, balcony, outside and inside respectively). . 

You can of course buy them in addition to your basic cruise fare. Sometimes the big box TA's bundle them when struggling to move inventory close to sail date but that isn't too common. 

• Like 1

During the Veteran's Day sale, we upgraded from inside (for which we had all 4 perks) to guarantee veranda.  Not only were we able to keep all 4 perks, we also received an additional $200 OBC bringing the total to $500 OBC.