Required to watch safety video in order to use the TV.

denmarks

To those who think that this is annoying, and that they don’t need to pay attention to the security video because they’ve seen or heard it so many times, I give you exhibit A:

If you don’t know what’s wrong with this photo, you’re EXACTLY the reason why Princess wants you to watch the video. 

7B379547-46B6-4F15-8D9E-91A23C58259A.jpeg

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

A number of people here seem to think it's incredibly "funny" to constantly refer to the Steward as "Stewart"..... I really wish they would stop. It's neither funny nor clever.

16 years frequenting Cruise Critic and I still smile a bit when I see Stewart and Mustard. I must be one of those people who is easily entertained. 😀

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tapi said:

To those who think that this is annoying, and that they don’t need to pay attention to the security video because they’ve seen or heard it so many times, I give you exhibit A:

If you don’t know what’s wrong with this photo, you’re EXACTLY the reason why Princess wants you to watch the video. 

7B379547-46B6-4F15-8D9E-91A23C58259A.jpeg

They have oxygen masks in the tenders now?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

They have oxygen masks in the tenders now?

17 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

If I see one of those drop from the ceiling in my cabin I'm gonna freak OUT!!!!

I’d love to to see them installed in cabins or tenders, just to get a good laugh at the look of confusion from some passengers. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

A number of people here seem to think it's incredibly "funny" to constantly refer to the Steward as "Stewart". This was a somewhat common error among people who mistook the two names/titles/whatever. People here thought it was "funny" and have perpetuated it by repeating it over and over and over... It ends up confusing people who honestly believe what they read here. I really wish they would stop. It's neither funny nor clever.

Agree. As a general rule, as soon as I see "Stewart" or "mustard drill" in a post or someone call their ship "Princess NameOfShip" (rather than "NameOfShip Princess"), I just move on to the next post. My thinking is anyone who does that either lacks good observational skills (particularly when they get the ship's name wrong) or can't be bothered to proofread so who know if what they wrote was what they meant. Either way as I know there are already factual errors in their post, why should I believe anything else they say. 

To keep this on topic, the only thing that really bothers me about the safety video was forgetting on my last cruise on Regal Princess to turn it on and get it over with while we did other things. It wasn't until we wanted to watch something that I remembered at which point we were stuck waiting for it to play.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

A number of people here seem to think it's incredibly "funny" to constantly refer to the Steward as "Stewart". This was a somewhat common error among people who mistook the two names/titles/whatever. People here thought it was "funny" and have perpetuated it by repeating it over and over and over... It ends up confusing people who honestly believe what they read here. I really wish they would stop. It's neither funny nor clever.

The Scottish surname 'Stewart' -- meaning 'household guardian' has shared origins with the word 'Steward'.  It derives from the Old English word "stigweard," a compound of "stig," or "household," and "weard," or "guardian."

https://www.houseofnames.com/stewart-family-crest

The two are in fact variations of each other.

The more you know...

Edited by Skai
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 3:13 PM, EDDY0827 said:

It's a great multi-tasking activity. It is playing in the background when we first get into the cabin and continues playing like white noise in the background as we get acquainted with Stewart and the cabin, read our various papers and head out to lunch.

Hardly even notice it.

Oh, you had Stewart too! Isn't he wonderful? I wonder where he is from.  

3 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

...where some guy named ernesto cooks your burger.

Same burger as  before, but this is now an ernesto burger!

Yea but they've made it extra thick & added additional items so they can now charge you to eat lunch. 

Have one for lunch & you'll probably skip dinner.

It's a win-win for Princess.