Beverage packages worth it?

irishgirl666

• Host Kat changed the title to Beverage packages worth it?

It's going to vary by itinerary. From the cost of the package I'm going to presume you are sailing with Carnival? IIRC Manhattan's are around $8-9 so I would say based just on that the package wouldn't be worth it for you. Do you drink soda, specialty coffees and milk shakes? That might tip it more in your favor. Welcome to Cruise Critic!

• 2 weeks later...

"Worth it" is subjective to me and doesn't only involve the math. "Does it make sense?" or "Will I break even?" can be a little easier to answer and I agree with sparks1093 that you would likely spend less paying as you go.  Things to keep in mind are what you would have in addition to the 5 drinks per day (bottled water, soft drink, specialty coffee, etc) that might tip the scales toward a package, or if 5 drinks a day are on a heavy day but you also have days where you don't drink much at all then a package makes less sense.

Overdoing it at a port day (too much sun, exhaustion) can have you less interested in drinking - even if you are on the ship enough hours to drink.  Rough seas could also lessen how much you want.

On the other hand if you are willing to spend the money and want to "taste the menu" even if you don't finish the drinks then a package could be fun (I personally wouldn't do that, but several posters like the option of trying different options).

• Like 1

Is a balcony worth it?  Same kind of question - only you can make those kind of personal value judgments.

And for those who want to only make it about money, some folks (myself included) don't like the whole "swipe the room card" thing.  Which is why I mainly cruise on lines where the room key is almost only used to open the cabin door and enter/leave the ship in port.  (Never needing/wanting a lanyard).

On 12/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, irishgirl666 said:

I just want to know if the Beverage packages or worth it.  $59.00 a day.... yes we drink about 5 drinks per day.  Does anyone know the price lets say of a Manhattan to see if the package is worth it.  Thank you in advance!

What cruise line and ship?