Le Petit Chef on the Edge. Thumbs up or thumbs down

dpemd

We did LPC on Edge on the first night.  On the first night we were the only other couple.  I suppose on sea days and other days it is busier.

There are two menus and shows.  If you decide to go, see which menu they are serving on that day and see if it is what you were hoping for.  I have a preference for the steak and lobster menu.

If you have not been to a dinner where they project a show onto the plates it is fun to watch.  We videotaped it the first time, but it loses its wow the second.

The best specialty restaurants on the Edge are Fine Cuts and Eden.  If you decide to go that route look at their menus and see which you prefer.

Edited by NMTraveller

The food on LPC on Edge was very good.  The downside was the family that brought several screaming toddlers.  It is an animated show, but parents please be mindful that 2 year olds who can not stay quiet will disrupt the experience for everyone, including you.  

We did LPC on the Edge when it first launched.  DH thought it was one of the best meals he'd had on a cruise (it was the Petit Chef and Friends menu - NOT the original menu).  

I've now done it 3 times, and still think it's a once and done.  Each time, I went with people who'd never done it before.

I might be talked in the the Edge menu again (and theyd have to do a lot of talking), but not the steak and lobster one.  Personal preference.

We have done both the original LPC and LPC & friends.  We preferred the LPC menu.

We had unlimited speciality dining which was good because we didn’t feel it was worth more than $20pp.  
The beef DH had at LPC & Friends was so tough he couldn’t cut it.  The Chef was making his rounds and when DH told him the steak was too tough to cut he tried & he couldn’t cut the meat either- blamed it on a bad knife. For us it is a 👎.