Would you have taken this upgrade?

SRQbeachgirl

We're booked in cabin 6264 (aft balcony) on Spirit for an Alaskan cruise in May 2020. Got my very first ever upgrade offer today for cabin 8266 (ocean suite) for an extra $922 and turned it down. I mean, I get it, it's a suite. But we booked the aft balcony to hopefully be a little warmer than a port or starboard balcony so we could spend more time on it, plus the advantage of having a view of scenery on both sides of the ship. We've never had an aft balcony, so I'm just hoping I don't end up regretting this decision. 

17 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I'm with you on this.

4 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

For $922?    No way

Okay, I feel better. I was all excited when I got the email, since I have NEVER gotten an upgrade email before, but then I was like..."wait, what???" 

46 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We're booked in cabin 6264 (aft balcony) on Spirit for an Alaskan cruise in May 2020. Got my very first ever upgrade offer today for cabin 8266 (ocean suite) for an extra $922 and turned it down. I mean, I get it, it's a suite. But we booked the aft balcony to hopefully be a little warmer than a port or starboard balcony so we could spend more time on it, plus the advantage of having a view of scenery on both sides of the ship. We've never had an aft balcony, so I'm just hoping I don't end up regretting this decision. 

The price is way out of my budget but I wanted to tell you I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how cold it feels out there. Yes, we did get chilly but it wasn’t anything like I thought it would be..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

That's a crazy upgrade price.  Even if it were cheaper, I would keep the aft balcony.  Having the ability to see the full view of the scenery (especially on an Alaskan cruise) is great!

• Like 2