Wine Packages

dstables

We are sailing on the Emerald a Princess February 1, 2020 for 28 days. Does anyone know if Princess is still offering their a Wine Packages on their longer voyages still?  And if so what is the current price?  Thanks. 

1 minute ago, dstables said:

We are sailing on the Emerald a Princess February 1, 2020 for 28 days. Does anyone know if Princess is still offering their a Wine Packages on their longer voyages still?  And if so what is the current price?  Thanks. 

In April on the Royal’s B2B 7-day cruises the Gold package was the only one available (Silver discontinued) with the standard prices (Add 18% tip)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

On our 28-day cruise in November on the Sky no wine package was available & staff didn’t know why it was unavailable.

I purchase wine packages when available but the inconsistency of this mismanaged program has resulted in bringing wine onboard subject to corkage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

In April on the Royal’s B2B 7-day cruises the Gold package was the only one available (Silver discontinued) with the standard prices (Add 18% tip)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

On our 28-day cruise in November on the Sky no wine package was available & staff didn’t know why it was unavailable.

I purchase wine packages when available but the inconsistency of this mismanaged program has resulted in bringing wine onboard subject to corkage.

Thanks that’s exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks. I think we will take our own wine on board and pay the corkage charge. We did this last February in Australia but there they insisted that you carry on all of your wine. No checking a case of wine with your checked suitcases. Will we be okay with checking a case of wine at San Pedro?  And how do you pay your corkage when you check your case of wine with your suitcases?  Thanks again!

1 minute ago, dstables said:

Thanks that’s exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks. I think we will take our own wine on board and pay the corkage charge. We did this last February in Australia but there they insisted that you carry on all of your wine. No checking a case of wine with your checked suitcases. Will we be okay with checking a case of wine at San Pedro?  And how do you pay your corkage when you check your case of wine with your suitcases?  Thanks again!

You’re welcome...we carried on 2 bottles each (B2B cruises) on the Royal in April in SP.  

A friend easily checked in several cases of wine in SP for a 60-day cruise & as I recall was notified to go to the naughty room to show it wasn’t spirits & to pay corkage for the wine beyond the 1 free bottle per person.  Based on their experience you should be okay with checking in a case of wine. 🍷

9 minutes ago, dstables said:

Good idea.

It's not rocket science.

Princess has really bumbled the entire wine program.  🙄

10 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Good idea.

It's not rocket science.

Princess has really bumbled the entire wine program.  🙄

With a lack of any promotion on their website & the inconsistency of it’s availability they’re bumbling their way through wine packages.  Other cruise lines efficiently manage wine packages to improve wine sales but not Princess. 🙄

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

With a lack of any promotion on their website & the inconsistency of it’s availability they’re bumbling their way through wine packages.  Other cruise lines efficiently manage wine packages to improve wine sales but not Princess. 🙄

Mind Boggling!  😤

8 hours ago, dstables said:

It was not available on a 12 day sailing on the Sapphire in October however it was available on the Emerald 15 day in November.

That's 1 reason I'm thinking of bringing 3-4 bottles on an 18 day cruise and will bring 2 bottles on a 7 dayer, that and they ran out of my favorite options. I'm pretty flexible but that mishap caused my other question [how to carry on wine (international flight)]