Stuff to do by the terminal?

petuniaflower

1 minute ago, petuniaflower said:

Is there a walkable beach/pool area near the terminal in Cozumel, we have never been.  Was hoping for something inexpensive like Costa Maya/Margaritaville, to spend a few hours with the family enjoying the sun..thx!

Which pier? Boat? Date? Children/Adults?

Not sure when Margaritaville is inexpensive or where it is in Costa Maya.

Would be the Seaside in May, not sure which pier?

Kids 12 plus.

By inexpensive I meant not an excursion, dont mind paying for some nachos and a few drinks etc if I get a pool/beach close by..

And by Costa Maya I meant similar to the large pool/vendor/food area right off the pier.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Kids 12 plus.

By inexpensive I meant not an excursion, dont mind paying for some nachos and a few drinks etc if I get a pool/beach close by..

And by Costa Maya I meant similar to the large pool/vendor/food area right off the pier.

Thanks!

OK, didn't know that belonged to Margaritaville.

I think Seaside usually docks at Langosta, in town. No where to walk to other than No Name Bar (Hotel Barracuda), or day pass to Hotel Cozumel.

Probably best to take a taxi to Paradise Beach and PAYG.

All these places have websites.

Probably best to take a taxi to ParadisecBeach

Taxi for up to 4 passengers to Paradise Beach will be about $15-17 each way - current cab fares to many popular tourist spots will be posted in US dollars on a board near the taxi line.

PB charges $3 admission/chair rental and pay as you go for food/drinks, etc.  HUGE pool, good beach (a few rocky spots) and great facilities.  Water toys for the kids are an extra fee of about $15 per person.  Food and service are very good - I love the taco truck!  Let the kids wear themselves out on the water toys while you sip one more margarita! 😎

Closer and cheaper cab fare is the Money Bar - no admission and cab fare will be about $12 each way - but no pool or sandy beach or water toys.  Great facilities, lockers, food, drinks, service, etc. and good snorekling from the shore (you enter the water via steps).  Rental geat and guides available if needed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Kids 12 plus.

Thanks!

No pool by piers in Cozumel.... you have to leave the shopping areas and go to a resort or a beach club for a pool.  Most people go to Cozumel to enjoy the beaches and crystal clear water of ocean, so that is mostly what you find there.  Take a taxi, very cheap and price controlled with prices posted everywhere.  Paradise beach is hugely popular, ditto Mr Sanchos beach club, and the state park Chankanaab.  All have an entry fee but facilities are all different.  If you want to snorkel, of those three go to Chankanaab.  No pool toys there though but the other two have that type of thing.  

Its all a matter of what you want...  Cozumel is NOT expensive, it is actually one of the cheapest destinations in the Caribbean.  Tourism is their ONLY income so they make it as good for you as possible in way of things to see and do.  No need for an excursion unless you want...  taxis are readily available anywhere on westside of island (the populated side).  As your waiter to get you a taxi and he will run out in middle of street and flag one down for you.  No kidding.

have fun!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Thanks, and safety wise, is it fairly safe, we typically dont go to Mexico if we do an all inclusive?

The vast majority of the revenue for Cozumel is tourism. They need it to be safe so that tourists continue to visit. Much like in the US, there are parts of Mexico that are safe and there are parts that aren't so safe. Cozumel is safe, IMHO.

We ported into Cozumel at Puerto Maya. Shops galore in the compound. I could spend most of the day in the shopping compound. In addition, in the compound proper is: 3 Amigos, Bubba Gump, Senor Frogs, and a few others. 

If you go through the compound you come onto the main drag, going left to right. If you go left and walk 1 or 2 blocks you come to Margaritaville Cozumel. Directly across the street is Hard Rock Cafe Cozumel. And that's even before you hit downtown! Lots of shopping by very good local craftsmen and artisans.

I second Paradise Beach.  Been going there for close to 20 years, long before the amazing pool and restaurant that’s there now.  It’s definitely worth the cab fare.  Also to add to what others have said about safety, Cozumel is very safe.  Take some sun block, a good book and a little cash and let Mexico do the rest.  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 7:25 AM, JohninDC said:

Taxi for up to 4 passengers to Paradise Beach will be about $15-17 each way - current cab fares to many popular tourist spots will be posted in US dollars on a board near the taxi line.

PB charges $3 admission/chair rental and pay as you go for food/drinks, etc.  HUGE pool, good beach (a few rocky spots) and great facilities.  Water toys for the kids are an extra fee of about $15 per person.  Food and service are very good - I love the taco truck!  Let the kids wear themselves out on the water toys while you sip one more margarita! 😎

Closer and cheaper cab fare is the Money Bar - no admission and cab fare will be about $12 each way - but no pool or sandy beach or water toys.  Great facilities, lockers, food, drinks, service, etc. and good snorekling from the shore (you enter the water via steps).  Rental geat and guides available if needed.

Is the pool free with chair at Paradise Beach?

9 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Is the pool free with chair at Paradise Beach?

In addition to the entrance fee there is an expected minimum consumption fee of $10pp but that entitles you to use of the facilities except water park.

https://paradisebeachcozumel.com/getting-to

Scroll down to FAQ.

Edited by c-leg5