First time on Oasis - Questions about entertainment reservations

GSRDPM

My wife and I have sailed on Royal nine times but this February we will be on the Oasis which is our first trip on this class of ship.  I have been reserving our entertainment on the cruise planner and it had occurred to me that there may be several different performances that are listed under the same name. For example, When it says "Headliner showtime" does that refer to the same show (like Aqua 80, Frozen in Time or One Sky) or are these actually different shows/entertainers on the different nights listed for reservation.  My wife and I always enjoy the various shows in the main theater and I was wondering if I should prioritize attendance at these shows and schedule the other events around them. Also, do the various comedy shows have different comedians or are they repeat engagements wit the same person?  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, GSRDPM said:

My wife and I have sailed on Royal nine times but this February we will be on the Oasis which is our first trip on this class of ship.  I have been reserving our entertainment on the cruise planner and it had occurred to me that there may be several different performances that are listed under the same name. For example, When it says "Headliner showtime" does that refer to the same show (like Aqua 80, Frozen in Time or One Sky) or are these actually different shows/entertainers on the different nights listed for reservation.  My wife and I always enjoy the various shows in the main theater and I was wondering if I should prioritize attendance at these shows and schedule the other events around them. Also, do the various comedy shows have different comedians or are they repeat engagements wit the same person?  Thanks!

"Headliner" is a specific show, and different from all of the other shows.  It is one show, not different performances, one show that repeats just like the ice show.

The comedians stay the same.  The only difference is when they interact with the audience.

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

"Headliner" is a specific show, and different from all of the other shows.  It is one show, not different performances, one show that repeats just like the ice show.

The comedians stay the same.  The only difference is when they interact with the audience.

Thanks for the fast response.

So, just to confirm,  If I have scheduled the Headliner show for the first night, I do not need to schedule it again for the remainder of the cruise, correct?

16 minutes ago, GSRDPM said:

Thanks for the fast response.

So, just to confirm,  If I have scheduled the Headliner show for the first night, I do not need to schedule it again for the remainder of the cruise, correct?

The cruise planner will only allow you to reserve one showing of each show. If you wish to see the show a second time you will have to wait in the no reservations line and they will allow you in if there are available seats.

18 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

The cruise planner will only allow you to reserve one showing of each show. If you wish to see the show a second time you will have to wait in the no reservations line and they will allow you in if there are available seats.

................which there (almost) always are, except for the Comedy Club.

on our dec 8th sailing, there were 2 other shows not available to pre-book.

we had a 2nd headliner act (hypnotist Marc Savaard) & Journey Tribute band (Resurrection) that performed in Musical Hall & also in Aquatheater.

It has been our experience on 3 Oasis class ships that there has been 1 or 2 additional shows once onboard.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

on our dec 8th sailing, there were 2 other shows not available to pre-book.

we had a 2nd headliner act (hypnotist Marc Savaard) & Journey Tribute band (Resurrection) that performed in Musical Hall & also in Aquatheater.

It has been our experience on 3 Oasis class ships that there has been 1 or 2 additional shows once onboard.

Thank you for this information. I just came across a set of cruise compasses from This past December that suggested the same - What to do....

11 hours ago, GSRDPM said:

Thank you for this information. I just came across a set of cruise compasses from This past December that suggested the same - What to do....

Sit in the lower section aisle for CATS