Jump to content

Is it possible to get Retin-A face products in Cozumel


beshears
 Share

Recommended Posts

I haven't in a few years, but I always did at various places.

At the port....

At the American Drug Store.....

At the Mega Store pharmacy (the best prices when I last purchased).

 

They come in various strengths.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cozumel drugstore . com Bobbie is the owner. she has the best prices, Bobbie is Canadian so no need to speak spanish and bonus, she keeps her A/C on at night when many other pharmacies do not. Heat is bad for meds and creams. She is very helpful and stocks 3 strengths of Retin-A at very reasonable prices.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marazad16, thank you for that information.  I was just with some of the others that will be traveling with me tonight, so each day is getting us closer to the cruise, and I can check this out. 🙂

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2020 at 1:29 PM, marazad16 said:

cozumel drugstore . com Bobbie is the owner. she has the best prices, Bobbie is Canadian so no need to speak spanish and bonus, she keeps her A/C on at night when many other pharmacies do not. Heat is bad for meds and creams. She is very helpful and stocks 3 strengths of Retin-A at very reasonable prices.

Just reached out to her myself.  Thank you for the information.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 3Blessings said:

Do you remember what the Retin A cost? Or a round about estimate for how much cheaper it was to get it there than in the states?

I have an order waiting for me to pick up next month.  I'm getting 6 tubes for the price of 4, which was the current promotion.  They are 20 gram tubes at $10 each.  This is for the generic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fullofship said:

Can anyone tell me if I need a hard copy of a prescription from the doctor to purchase things in this store?  Like eye drops?  TIA

No RX required for any of the meds they stock.  Strangely, they only require a prescription for Mexican citizens per information I received from the pharmacist upon our last visit to Mexico.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

No RX required for any of the meds they stock.  Strangely, they only require a prescription for Mexican citizens per information I received from the pharmacist upon our last visit to Mexico.

I so appreciate your quick response!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

We went to Cozumel Drugstore last summer - very nice people, great prices.  At that time they mentioned that if you contacted them ahead of time they would have your order ready and you could just run in and pick it up.  We spent about 45 minutes there, debating over the Retin-A, and also looking at inhalers.  Now that we know, I would just contact them ahead and run in.

 

We have also bought inhalers at Mega ($4/each! ) but not the Retin-A.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, melissa84 said:

We went to Cozumel Drugstore last summer - very nice people, great prices.  At that time they mentioned that if you contacted them ahead of time they would have your order ready and you could just run in and pick it up.  We spent about 45 minutes there, debating over the Retin-A, and also looking at inhalers.  Now that we know, I would just contact them ahead and run in.

 

We have also bought inhalers at Mega ($4/each! ) but not the Retin-A.  

Question about the inhalers?  Can you tell me what kind?  My mom has COPD and uses 4 different inhalers daily (not sure off hand what they are) and would be happy to pick some up for her....  THANKS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KeithsKelly said:

Question about the inhalers?  Can you tell me what kind?  My mom has COPD and uses 4 different inhalers daily (not sure off hand what they are) and would be happy to pick some up for her....  THANKS!

We bought Albuterol inhalers - the brand we get here is Pro-Air.  The pharmacist put them side by side and showed us that they were the same.  Cozumel Drugstore has a website, so you might look to see if they have other brands/medications.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, melissa84 said:

We bought Albuterol inhalers - the brand we get here is Pro-Air.  The pharmacist put them side by side and showed us that they were the same.  Cozumel Drugstore has a website, so you might look to see if they have other brands/medications.  

THANKS!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...