Items on the cruise that you could do without

denmarks

On 1/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, MamaFej said:

The Amazon could be reforested within a few years if cruise lines didn't put so much wasted paper in cabins night after night. 

Hopefully, the waste will decrease as more lines go to onboard apps. 

Hopefully...

Information may migrate to the onboard aps, but advertisements will not likely go there. How many passengers would actually click on an ad for spa or art auctions to open it up and read it?

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 11:18 AM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Parading around in the dining room.  I want my waiters to concentrate on waiting well, not singing and dancing.  If I want that, I'll go to a show.

That parade is less than five minutes on the last evening. Does not really cut into your service much.

• Like 3

On 1/5/2020 at 6:03 PM, Carnevale said:

I also think it’s unfortunate that room stewards have to spend time on towel animals. 

On Princess the amount of time they spend on this is zero except for special purchased packages such as an anniversary celebration.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Information may migrate to the onboard aps, but advertisements will not likely go there. How many passengers would actually click on an ad for spa or art auctions to open it up and read it?

I agree but how many people look st their annoying fliers ours go straight into the trash! I wish they would stop the photographers from trying to block your way getting off the ship in port! If I wanted the photo I would not be walking around you!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

I agree but how many people look st their annoying fliers ours go straight into the trash! I wish they would stop the photographers from trying to block your way getting off the ship in port! If I wanted the photo I would not be walking around you!

I've told my steward ''no paper' on medallion cruises as the patter is on my phone and not had any ads / fliers delivered. 

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

All the complainers.......just be thankful you are able to cruise and ignore what you don't like and enjoy what you do!

^this!

We feel fortunate to cruise, and just disregard the things that we don't like, which are very few and far between! 

We are among the apparently few who enjoy the photos (when we get even older they'll be memories to look back on as our actual memories fade); the baked Alaska parade (a bit of fun to honor the staff); the fliers, especially with medallion (hey, might find something we like); and everything else...there's always something new to explore, and you might just find the hidden gems or something new that you didn't realize you could enjoy! 😄 

• Like 2