Live from the Legend 1/5/20

jimbo5544

re the new dining times.  I still prefer early, or your time dining, but if I ever get stuck with late dining, 7.45 would not be the end of the world LoL.  even the 30 mins, makes it more workable for me.  Enjoying your review.  Loving the photos of places I have been, though not in a few years now.  Hope you and yours are enjoying your cruise.

Are the new dining times fleet wide or just the Legend and/or select few ships?  Our cruise says 6 online for next month but 5:30 is way too early.  Considering YTD if its on our ship as well.

Great review so far...long time since I have been on..still want to try other lines..but Carnival improves and improves and so great for better cabin and suites,,,thanks Jimbo...I want a pre-dinner drink there at the still new to me..Dr. Mixers we have the rx for your poison..I know I have the name wrong. Like these Cucumber Basil kind of Martini's..yup we even have them here.

9 hours ago, SERK said:

Are the new dining times fleet wide or just the Legend and/or select few ships?  Our cruise says 6 online for next month but 5:30 is way too early.  Considering YTD if its on our ship as well.

Appears to be a couple of ship trial

2 hours ago, sjn911 said:

Great review so far...long time since I have been on..still want to try other lines..but Carnival improves and improves and so great for better cabin and suites,,,thanks Jimbo...I want a pre-dinner drink there at the still new to me..Dr. Mixers we have the rx for your poison..I know I have the name wrong. Like these Cucumber Basil kind of Martini's..yup we even have them here.

Thanks sarah, alchemy is a fun place

• Like 1

Enjoy, Looks like a great cruise.

Question

The steak House pics, is that from the New Menu.

The Upside Down Baked Potato and  steak they are now serving?

🙂

Have a blast!

Edited by thesmiths
  • Haha 1

Hi Jimbo5544 - Your cruise posts and photos are fantastic and fun!   I'm considering the Legend for a transatlantic in 2021 and have a question about promenade and other walking decks.  The deck plans show the promenade ending near the bow of the ship so it's not a true wraparound deck.  Then there's Deck 10 that looks like you can walk all the way around, though is uncovered.  Is this correct?  My main exercise on ships is walking so I'd appreciate your firsthand comments.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, CabinForOne said:

Hi Jimbo5544 - Your cruise posts and photos are fantastic and fun!   I'm considering the Legend for a transatlantic in 2021 and have a question about promenade and other walking decks.  The deck plans show the promenade ending near the bow of the ship so it's not a true wraparound deck.  Then there's Deck 10 that looks like you can walk all the way around, though is uncovered.  Is this correct?  My main exercise on ships is walking so I'd appreciate your firsthand comments.  Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words.  Your assessment of the two walking areas is right on.  The true running deck is small but forward .   The floor below will give you a much greater area to walk.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I wish more cruisers were like you Jimbo. 36 Carnival cruises and can still enjoy himself without complaining about XYZ

Wow, thanks.  I do still get the rush when we walk on a carnival ship.  

• Like 4

22 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Enjoy, Looks like a great cruise.

Question

The steak House pics, is that from the New Menu.

The Upside Down Baked Potato and  steak they are now serving?

🙂

Have a blast!

Not sure, seemed like old menu to me.  Spice rubbed ribeye. 

So lets talk about the weather.  The seas have cooperated but less so with the weather.   We have had sun then clouds then spitting rain then sun in all ports so far except Cozumel. We will see what Grand Cayman brings today.  

• Like 1