Live from the Legend 1/5/20

jimbo5544

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Another comment about the violinists in the main lobby.  The crowd LOVES them and they are doing way more rock songs than previous ones we have seen.   

We loved the violinists on our last cruise! So great, just sipping a pre-dinner cocktail in lobby and listening to them. 😎🍸

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Late to the party but caught up. Great pics and vids, Jimbo! That’s a nice looking room you got there. I’m guessing the internet is pretty solid with your video uploads.

It is def the updated internet.  To be honest did a bunch from a bar in Cozumel whete it was much faster.  Thanks for following along.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NWACruiser said:

We were on the Legend in October for a Panama Canal transit.  We had a great time on the ship.

It had been a while since we have been on a Spirit class ship.  As soon as I got on the love affair was rekindled.  Thanks for following along.   

• Like 1

We are currently booked for the early dining which says 6 online (and this is early for us to eat dinner, but 8:15 is too late!).  5:45 seems so early.  I'd be afraid of missing dinner because of excursions.  I am not a fan of eating dinner at the buffet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfleer said:

We are currently booked for the early dining which says 6 online (and this is early for us to eat dinner, but 8:15 is too late!).  5:45 seems so early.  I'd be afraid of missing dinner because of excursions.  I am not a fan of eating dinner at the buffet.

This is why YTD is so much better! You eat when you want to eat. Not when someone tells you to eat. It opens at 5:45, but you eat whenever you want, early or late, or somewhere in between. 

Edited by grandmarnnurse

8 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

This is why YTD is so much better! You eat when you want to eat. Not when someone tells you to eat. It opens at 5:45, but you eat whenever you want, early or late, or somewhere in between. 

We normally get YTD but we have a group of 11 this trip.  Past experience was not good with YTD and large groups.

20 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

So we talked to the Maitre’d about the change in dining times in the MDR from 6 and 8:15 to 5:30 and 7:45.  They are in their 5th week of the trial of these times, we think it works better, what are your thoughts?

They did this switch when we sailed Miracle to Alaska. We're fans of early dining, but 5:30 was early for us. By the time we found out they were changing it was too late to switch to YTD even though we're Platinum. We lived with 5:30 - not the end of the world. However, if they're thinking of making this switch across the fleet on a permanent basis we'll try to change our early seating on Legend next year to YTD.

1 hour ago, pfleer said:

We normally get YTD but we have a group of 11 this trip.  Past experience was not good with YTD and large groups.

I don't know if this is possible on all ships or we just lucked out, but on my Vista Christmas Cruise we had anytime dining and went on the first day and requested a table of 8 and were able to keep our same table, time, and waiter the entirety of the cruise.  With that said, we ate as soon as the dining room opened in order to make the early shows.  But we were also traveling with my parents who were in their 70s and 80s and my kids who are 5 and 7 so bed time was 9 pm.

6 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I don't know if this is possible on all ships or we just lucked out, but on my Vista Christmas Cruise we had anytime dining and went on the first day and requested a table of 8 and were able to keep our same table, time, and waiter the entirety of the cruise.  With that said, we ate as soon as the dining room opened in order to make the early shows.  But we were also traveling with my parents who were in their 70s and 80s and my kids who are 5 and 7 so bed time was 9 pm.

That's how I do it. But I have had a couple of times where I've been a little later getting to dinner and they've given my table to someone else.

21 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

So we talked to the Maitre’d about the change in dining times in the MDR from 6 and 8:15 to 5:30 and 7:45.  They are in their 5th week of the trial of these times, we think it works better, what are your thoughts?

The new times may work better for those trying to catch the 9:30 shows. Last February on Horizon, we had 8:15 seating and never got out before 9:30 unless we skipped dessert. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

They did this switch when we sailed Miracle to Alaska. We're fans of early dining, but 5:30 was early for us. By the time we found out they were changing it was too late to switch to YTD even though we're Platinum. We lived with 5:30 - not the end of the world. However, if they're thinking of making this switch across the fleet on a permanent basis we'll try to change our early seating on Legend next year to YTD.

It certainly makes 7:45 better as an option.  

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Good morning Jimbo. Enjoy your day in Belize! Make sure you stop at the Wet Lizard! 😎

Sure did Jeff.  Here are a couple of pics I took.  Belize city has changed a lot since we were here last.   Also with three ships it was def busy.  

717A1BAB-FBCF-4E44-8196-D510DCB8508B.jpeg

0D30F28F-63D0-40FA-ABA6-4C042185F4CF.jpeg

On 1/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, jimbo5544 said:

We booked this cruise over a year ago and are sailing with my brother and his wife who live close by to the Port in St Pete Beach.  We initially were looking at the previous weeks sailing, but chose this one for three reasons.  The first was my brother was returning from ip north where he had been for the holidays and the timing till embark was tight.  The second was there was much more room availability for the next week including our fav rooms Vista suites.  The third reason was it was considerably cheaper.  We scooped up 2 Vista suites, one on 4 and one on 7 both starboard side.  We gave the 4th floor to my brother and his wife and took 7.  

Jimbo, you gave our deck 4 Vista, starboard (4237) from our Alaska cruise to your brother! Now you won't find the surprise I hid there for you!!  😁

18 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Jimbo, you gave our deck 4 Vista, starboard (4237) from our Alaska cruise to your brother! Now you won't find the surprise I hid there for you!!  😁

Lol, I need to scour his cabin.  .