White Bay Cruise Terminal - Sydney

I will be on Regent Seven Seas Voyager that will be visiting Sydney at the end of January. We will be docked at White Bay Cruise Terminal. Does anyone know if there's a ferry that stops there? If not, other than taxi/Uber, what is the easiest way to get to get to the Circular Quay Ferry Terminal? Thanks.

Jamie

3 hours ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

I will be on Regent Seven Seas Voyager that will be visiting Sydney at the end of January. We will be docked at White Bay Cruise Terminal. Does anyone know if there's a ferry that stops there? If not, other than taxi/Uber, what is the easiest way to get to get to the Circular Quay Ferry Terminal? Thanks.

Jamie

3 hours ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Jamie

White bay is a bit of a no mans land ,as there’s not many services.

As said there’s a private ferry to kings wharf which is darling harbour,another tourist area. It’s operated by captain cook cruises I believe,check their website. 

From darling harbour ( kings wharf area),Sydney ferries run around the harbour.They are different companies.

The ship may have a shuttle.

Also there’s Uber,taxi.

Edited by Chiliburn

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

White bay is a bit of a no mans land ,as there’s not many service.

As said there’s a private ferry to kings wharf which is darling harbour,another tourist area.

From darling harbour ( kings wharf area),Sydney ferries run around the harbour.

The ship may have a shuttle.

Also there’s Uber,taxi.

I was looking at the ferry website and it looks like the Ocean Terminal is pretty close to the Balmain East stop on the F3 line. Is that the case and if so, can I catch a taxi or Uber to the stop? Thanks.

Jamie

1 minute ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

I was looking at the ferry website and it looks like the Ocean Terminal is pretty close to the Balmain East stop on the F3 line. Is that the case and if so, can I catch a taxi or Uber to the stop? Thanks.

Jamie

Don’t know  Jamie,sorry.

I f no one can help here try TripAdvisor Sydney forum 

I don't believe the captain cook ferry will run. It only runs to coincide with actual departures/arrivals, not visits, and only certain ships so don't believe it will qualify for either of those reasons.

As such, your departure from the terminal will need to be via road/bus/shuttle/taxi.

20 minutes ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Jamie

White Bay terminal. Yes, that's an option. Unfortunately it's geographically close, but due to road access much longer walking or direct via taxi than to do a compromise.

If you want to do that, you're best to walk to Roberts Road, then order a taxi/uber from that point. If you take a taxi direct from the terminal it actually has to drive you to the other side of Rozelle, then come all the way back (which is a testament to its poor access design).

2 hours ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Jamie

Yes, you could catch a taxi or Uber to the Balmain East ferry stop. Don't try to walk it though, there is quite a steep hill up from the cruise terminal.

However it would be far easier to catch the Captains Cook ferry over to Barangaroo then a regular ferry around to Circular Quay. Or, if you want to go to other parts of Sydney by train there is a walkway through to Wynyard Station - just look for signs to the Wynyard Walk.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You would think Sydney ferries would service the cruise terminal at White bay.

It's not a place people would want to go/leave from except if a cruise ship is in berth.

The public transport could run a visit only service (like the old race day trains) but have moved towards the bare minimum in line with government ideology.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

However it would be far easier to catch the Captains Cook ferry over to Barangaroo then a regular ferry around to Circular Quay. Or, if you want to go to other parts of Sydney by train there is a walkway through to Wynyard Station - just look for signs to the Wynyard Walk.

As said earlier, the Captains Cook ferry is not expected to run.

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

It's not a place people would want to go/leave from except if a cruise ship is in berth.

The public transport could run a visit only service (like the old race day trains) but have moved towards the bare minimum in line with government ideology.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Public transport probably couldn’t handle the volume 

Que? If a captain cook ferry could handle it, that's not an issue. Sydney ferries handle way more passengers than the daily traffic there on sail days, which is a niche.