Bonaire excursion

tsxgray1

Recently did woodwind. Impressive.  They provided ecological sunscreen, rash shirts and suits, "prescription " masks, food and drinks. Less than $70. 2 site snorkel.  Would do it again. Bonaire board has email info.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We would not consider any snorkel tour except on the Woodwind.  DW and I have been on the Woodwind 4 times and find the smaller size just about perfect.  And spending a few hours with Dee and her crew is always a joy.  I marvel at her patience with novice snorkelers and have even watched her manage to get a non-swimmer in the water and help her snorkel.  Just a warning.  The Woodwind does book-up very far in advance.

Hank

We have also done the woodwind excursion twice. I think the number of repeat visitors speaks for itself. The owners are very hospitable, food excellent, and they offer the best snorkel excursion in the Caribbean

We used Woodwind last month based on all the great reviews they get.  Maybe we caught them on an off day, maybe it was because the celebrated Dee was not on board (nor the celebrated Ulf), maybe it was something else, but we were quite disappointed.   The boat was totally overcrowded and uncomfortable.  No room to move, no place to sit but up front and directly down on the deck itself (too far down for me to get up from unassisted).  Lots of wasted time while one group maneuvered themselves to the stern to get their gear on and get in the water, etc.   

I read all these great reviews on here and wonder what in the world went wrong on our day? 

PS: The post-snorkel lunch was indeed excellent.  And the crew were friendly.

Edited by Turtles06

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We used Woodwind last month based on all the great reviews they get.  Maybe we caught them on an off day, maybe it was because the celebrated Dee was not on board (nor the celebrated Ulf), maybe it was something else, but we were quite disappointed.   The boat was totally overcrowded and uncomfortable.  No room to move, no place to sit but up front and directly down on the deck itself (too far down for me to get up from unassisted).  Lots of wasted time while one group maneuvered themselves to the stern to get their gear on and get in the water, etc.   

I read all these great reviews on here and wonder what in the world went wrong on our day? 

PS: The post-snorkel lunch was indeed excellent.  And the crew were friendly.

That is such a shame.  We are repeat customers on Woodwind.  I do wonder too if it was because Dee wasn’t on board-she’s excellent.  

Personally, I’d write an email to Ulf about your disappointment in the excursion after all our rave reviews.  If him or Dee don’t know, how can they fix it and I’m sure they’d want to know.