How many formal nights on a 14 day Journey Cruise

7 minutes ago, Get your fat pants on said:

We are getting ready to sail on a 14 day Panama Canal Cruise leaving from Miami and ending in San Francisco in March.I was wondering if any one knows how many formal nights there will be? Trying to make sure I pack the right clothes. Thanks in advance for your help. 

https://help.carnival.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/68/~/cruise-elegant-nights

Edited by Sean_B

Just now, Jamman54 said:

There will be 3. Two cruise elegant nights and the Captain's Gala on the Throwback sea day.😎

Thanks for the clarification.  We are doing our first 14 day cruise next month out of NOLA. 🙂 

it seems to vary depending on the cruise and the cruise staff. I did one journey cruise and they were 3 formal nights a few years ago and then in june i did another journey cruise and they was only 2 formal nights

On 1/7/2020 at 9:44 PM, Jamman54 said:

There will be 3. Two cruise elegant nights and the Captain's Gala on the Throwback sea day.😎

Do you know if the throwback will be more formal than a regular elegant night?  We are taking a Journey cruise in May and DH will probably wear a tie, but it might be nice to leave the jacket at home.  

3 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Do you know if the throwback will be more formal than a regular elegant night?  We are taking a Journey cruise in May and DH will probably wear a tie, but it might be nice to leave the jacket at home.  

The Throwback Captain's Gala is the most formal of the three, but the current rules still apply. 😎

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Does that mean a tux with tails... ?  

A tuxedo and tails are 2 different things.  A tails jacket is longer than a tuxedo jacket but both are traditionally worn with the usual bow tie, stud shirt and tuxedo pants.

There were 3 elegant nights on all 3 of our Journeys cruises

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

A tuxedo and tails are 2 different things.  A tails jacket is longer than a tuxedo jacket but both are traditionally worn with the usual bow tie, stud shirt and tuxedo pants.

Yup... that was implied.  I asked because I'm pretty sure folks do not wear tails anymore... but for throwback 80's, I was asking if perhaps tails would be appropriate.