Savor and Taste restaurants

rsail203

A reservation for Manhattan is not good for Savor or Taste.  Reservations are useful for MDRs but not required.  During busy times, you will have a wait.  During other times the wait will be shorter or non-existent. 

OP,  if this is related to your upcoming Feb 2nd Bliss sailing out of NY to the W. Carib & back - my suggestion would be the following, be flexible & eat early, if you can - without advance reservations (i.e. all the available 5 or 5:30 pm slots taken/gone already for online booking)  But, keep checking back as it get closer ... sometimes, NCL will open/release additional slots as it get closer.  

Otherwise, be prepared & join the standby line early, as it open at 5 or 5:30 pm (a little earlier, if you can).  Bookings default to no-shows after 15 minutes, that is at 5:15, 5:45, 6:15 and so forth for those bookings on the hour and half hours - parties of 2 to 4 are sometimes easier to get seated on the wait-list ... loiter around the bar area just outside, you might or might not be given a "pager".  Those with confirmed reservations will get priority if they are on-time and there.  

Within 15 minutes, either way, of the major/main theater show is also a good time to try your luck to get standby seating to dine in Taste or Savor.  Menus are the same for all the MDR, services - according to our friends that sailed the Bliss, was a notch faster than the Manhattan MDR (longer trip to the gallery & back for the wait team)

Download & pre-install the free "Cruise Norwegian" App to use on embarkation day, use that as your intel tool to check on availability - if you have booked - cancel & rebook is not allowed, the reservation desk/kiosk team is probably overwhelmed on day 1 to help make changes.  Try again when they aren't as busy, maybe early morning on Day 2 or late night - sometimes, they will just tell you to do a walk-up and no longer doing MDR reservations, only specialty dining. 

We just got off the New Year's week cruise on the Encore with a group of 6 and boarded and no advance MDR reservations, were only able to make reservations for 3 nights during the week (two Manhattan, one Savor), and we never waited.  The only night we thought there would be a problem we started at Savor and were quoted a 30-45 minute wait, and went across the hall to Taste and were seated immediately.  We went between 7 and 7:30, I will say that it was a later dining crowd during this particular cruise (even with kids).  Also, we actually preferred Taste and Savor to Manhattan, found them smaller and quieter (they all had a lot of kids but again holiday week cruise), and all had the same menu

On the Feb. 2nd Bliss cruise on all the nights we're not eating in Specialty restaurants, we booked the Manhattan at 5:30. I only asked this question as I didn't see any options to book the Taste or Savor and I wondered if some nights the smaller restaurants might be better. We prefer to eat faster and I see that the mking2888 mentioned that the smaller restaurants might be faster.