Cruise Critic News: Oceania Debuts Artisanal Ice Cream Onboard

LauraS

• Administrators

(3:20 p.m. EST) -- Cruisers sailing with Oceania Cruises will soon have a delectable new culinary to try. The line is partnering with California-based, small-batch brand Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream to bring the company's decidedly-adult take on ice cream to Oceania's six-ship fleet in February.  "Oceania Cruises is always seeking to present ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs
Sj8nFrWTwUs

View the full article

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LauraS said:

(3:20 p.m. EST) -- Cruisers sailing with Oceania Cruises will soon have a delectable new culinary to try. The line is partnering with California-based, small-batch brand Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream to bring the company's decidedly-adult take on ice cream to Oceania's six-ship fleet in February.  "Oceania Cruises is always seeking to present ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs

Sj8nFrWTwUs

View the full article

I love fruit and nuts as additions, but cookies and brioche leave me "cold". I prefer to add my own cookies, cakes, mincemeat tarts, etc. fresh to the ice cream

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORV said:

They already had some great homemade ice creams. As long as this isn't some plant based vegan thing I'm all for it. 

I'm on a food site that's very CA-oriented. Everyone raves about this ice cream.

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

I am a sorbet fan and often have it for my dinner dessert. I will be able to try this ice cream on Marina in the Baltic in June. Will O fly the ice cream in to Europe to stock the ships there?

If you check the full article, it says O will make the ice cream fresh daily at sea.

• Like 1

Given the complicated set of mix-ins, I am guessing that the ships will need to be supplied by the ice cream company with pre-packaged ingredients, then the cream and other basic elements will be added on board to "make" it.  the article does indicate the Marina should be in the artisinal ice cream biz by June.