Cunard website/VP problems(Merged threads)

lissie

So even  a few days ago  I could log onto the VP - even see some shore excursions. Now the site is rejecting my credentials and not letting me in at all. This is the Australian site and I've tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Have others got the same issue? 

So I went to print my e-ticket for tomorrow, believing them that I should print it as late as possible..

And now I can't print it.

Edit: NVM up and running now 

Edited by fixi

I get to the home page and then this:

"We are currently experiencing difficulties with our internet-based facilities due to a technical fault. 

This is impacting our guests and also our Customer Contact Centre.

We are working as a matter of urgency and hope to have services back up and running by tomorrow morning. 

Thank you for your patience."

Edited by Fifer

I spent some time yesterday, trying to enter some details on the VP. I was able to log in, but unable to do anything when I had done so. I rang Cunard, and spoke to a helpful person who entered it all for me. When I said the website and VP were a nightmare, she sounded slightly surprised - I suppose they have to do this - and admitted to a few technical glitches. I reiterated that it was a nightmare, and, while I said I knew it was not her fault, she really should do all she could to make her superiors aware. I said I was used to Cunard, and like their ships, but, if I were just thinking about cruising with them, the website would make me look elsewhere.

• Like 3

This appears on Cunard website at present!

We are currently experiencing difficulties with our internet-based facilities due to a technical fault. 

This is impacting our guests and also our Customer Contact Centre.

We are working as a matter of urgency and hope to have services back up and running by tomorrow morning. 

Thank you for your patience. 

I have been trying for two days now to access the Voyage Personaliser, and Pay my balance, but no luck. I must say their new website is awful too. When I could access it, it had wiped out my loyalty level. I was promised it would be rectified very soon, and that was four weeks ago!

• Like 1

Carnival UK seem to be stuck in a death spiral of poorly designed and implemented web site redesigns, with functionality and user friendliness reducing each cycle even once the major bugs have been ironed out. Quite how they think they can get away with foisting barely beta quality software on end users again and again is beyond my experience of IT in many public organisations and private companies, none of which even had public facing systems. 

11 hours ago, kentchris said:

Carnival UK seem to be stuck in a death spiral of poorly designed and implemented web site redesigns, with functionality and user friendliness reducing each cycle even once the major bugs have been ironed out. Quite how they think they can get away with foisting barely beta quality software on end users again and again is beyond my experience of IT in many public organisations and private companies, none of which even had public facing systems. 

Beta quality!  For me it is 'alpha' at best! They really need to step up the rate of progress in getting their web server code fixed - or they will need to ramp up the number of available staff at their call centre who can handle the entry of user information directly on their system as part of a human-to-human phone call!

49 minutes ago, mcloaked said:

Beta quality!  For me it is 'alpha' at best! They really need to step up the rate of progress in getting their web server code fixed - or they will need to ramp up the number of available staff at their call centre who can handle the entry of user information directly on their system as part of a human-to-human phone call!

I,had always assumed alpha was better than beta. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I,had always assumed alpha was better than beta. 

"Alpha" testing of a system represents the phase of testing using internal quality assurance and systems acceptance procedures after the system developers have completed their initial development and testing efforts.

"Beta" testing of a system represents the next phase, usually where a limited number of actual end users are given access to the system to help identify issues in a real world environment.

So, in the case of system testing, "alpha" is not better than "beta", but rather before "beta". A syterm undergoing "alpha" testing will inherently have more bugs in it than a system undergoing subsequent 'beta" testing.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

"Alpha" testing of a system represents the phase of testing using internal quality assurance and systems acceptance procedures after the system developers have completed their initial development and testing efforts.

"Beta" testing of a system represents the next phase, usually where a limited number of actual end users are given access to the system to help identify issues in a real world environment.

So, in the case of system testing, "alpha" is not better than "beta", but rather before "beta". A syterm undergoing "alpha" testing will inherently have more bugs in it than a system undergoing subsequent 'beta" testing.

How odd. When I marked homework,  alpha α was definitely the best mark. What letter of the Greek alphabet is used for an excellent final version?

19 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I spent some time yesterday, trying to enter some details on the VP. I was able to log in, but unable to do anything when I had done so. I rang Cunard, and spoke to a helpful person who entered it all for me. When I said the website and VP were a nightmare, she sounded slightly surprised - I suppose they have to do this - and admitted to a few technical glitches. I reiterated that it was a nightmare, and, while I said I knew it was not her fault, she really should do all she could to make her superiors aware. I said I was used to Cunard, and like their ships, but, if I were just thinking about cruising with them, the website would make me look elsewhere.

I finally managed to get into the 'manage my booking 'area an hour ago and pay off a cruise balance that was due next week. It is still rejecting me elsewhere so I cannot update passport and insurance details for my next cruise. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

11 minutes ago, Clagmeister said:

Tried again just now to access VP but still getting a not recognised message. Yet the same portal did allow me to access pay my balances using the same login details an hour earlier☹

I suppose you could argue that from their point of view they have their priorities right. As I have said else where, it is so fortunate Cunard have lovely ships and a dire website rather than vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

How odd. When I marked homework,  alpha α was definitely the best mark. What letter of the Greek alphabet is used for an excellent final version?

Greek letters are only assigned to different phases of testing a system. The "excellent final version" is usually just called something like the "production", "released", or "deployed" version and is typically assigned an incremental version number.