Excursions with 9 year old?

Tikka234

Been looking at example excursions for port were visiting for Norwegian Fjords on a cruise, they are saying age 12 .

Anyone can help with this can you take a 9 year old ? Not looking at dangerous activities,  maybe Britskal glacier and simular.

What price are children is it full fee or a discount?

Don't want to book the cruise if we can't go on the excursions.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tikka234 said:

Been looking at example excursions for port were visiting for Norwegian Fjords on a cruise, they are saying age 12 .

Anyone can help with this can you take a 9 year old ? Not looking at dangerous activities,  maybe Britskal glacier and simular.

What price are children is it full fee or a discount?

Don't want to book the cruise if we can't go on the excursions.

Thanks

Children will be charged full price on the excursions as they will occupy a seat on the coach. The pricing of the excusion will be based on full price being paid for all the seats. If they are happy walking around a lot of places you can just get off and wander.Are you going to Bergan. They would probably like the funichular railway, You can get off the ship pronto and go on that on your own. Suggesting getting off pronto as the queues build up quite quickly. The Glacier..Coach takes you so far. Troll car (if you book that)a bit further. Then an uphill walk, You;would know if they would be able to manage that. If you are looking at Iona possibly nearer the time they will come up with different excursions.

54 minutes ago, the english lady said:

Children will be charged full price on the excursions as they will occupy a seat on the coach. The pricing of the excusion will be based on full price being paid for all the seats. If they are happy walking around a lot of places you can just get off and wander.Are you going to Bergan. They would probably like the funichular railway, You can get off the ship pronto and go on that on your own. Suggesting getting off pronto as the queues build up quite quickly. The Glacier..Coach takes you so far. Troll car (if you book that)a bit further. Then an uphill walk, You;would know if they would be able to manage that. If you are looking at Iona possibly nearer the time they will come up with different excursions.

We're not doing Bergen, Doing  Stavanger, Olden, Geiranger haven't been here before, and Haugesund wasn't too impressed here last time. Not with kids. There active children would have no problem walking the last bit at Britskal glacier it's only a short walk we done it 2 years ago..

Olden there is a noddy train by the side of the ship that takes you up the valley. You can walk back from there. That's lovely. Stavanger walk around the old town with the white wooden houses . Ship normally docks alongside them. Geiranger...i think you usually tender there..unless the floating walkway is used. I think you can go kayaking there.That always looks as though it might be fun.

We took our granddaughter to Olden and went to the Kjenndalen glacier and the new sky lift. Sorry I can't remember the name. She is only 11. I am sure she could go to Briksdal as this was one of the options I looked at. We only paid half price for her, I thought it would have been more.

I may have my booklet but can't see it at the moment. If I find it I will get back to you with the prices.

44 minutes ago, happy v said:

We took our granddaughter to Olden and went to the Kjenndalen glacier and the new sky lift. Sorry I can't remember the name. She is only 11. I am sure she could go to Briksdal as this was one of the options I looked at. We only paid half price for her, I thought it would have been more.

I may have my booklet but can't see it at the moment. If I find it I will get back to you with the prices.

Thank you 

16 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

We're not doing Bergen, Doing  Stavanger, Olden, Geiranger haven't been here before, and Haugesund wasn't too impressed here last time. Not with kids. There active children would have no problem walking the last bit at Britskal glacier it's only a short walk we done it 2 years ago..

In Stavanger, just a short walk from where the ship docs (5 mins), there's the Petroleum Museum. Sounds boring but isn't. My kids were a little older when we went there, youngest was 12. Reasonably interactive - survival suits to try on, suvival pods to climb around it, emergency chutes to slide down, crane thingy to operate and they may have added more as it's a few years since we were there. Then the old town and lake are pretty to stroll round. I can't see why there should be an age limit on the Briksdal Glacier tour. Our table companions at dinner had children younger than yours and they went, although I think they took the troll cars that get you nearer to the glacier than the bus.

19 hours ago, the english lady said:

Olden there is a noddy train by the side of the ship that takes you up the valley. You can walk back from there. That's lovely. Stavanger walk around the old town with the white wooden houses . Ship normally docks alongside them. Geiranger...i think you usually tender there..unless the floating walkway is used. I think you can go kayaking there.That always looks as though it might be fun.

According to the brochure Iona will not be tendering at Geiranger. It will be tendering at Hellesylt where a number of excursions start so arriving at Geiranger late morning? If they tendered at Geiranger with excursions getting priority if you are going ashore independently there would be little point. As for Haugosund - nothing to do, especially for 5200 people. Fancy the Floen Skylift at Olden? It has a capacity of 350 people per hour!

6 hours ago, davecttr said:

According to the brochure Iona will not be tendering at Geiranger. It will be tendering at Hellesylt where a number of excursions start so arriving at Geiranger late morning? If they tendered at Geiranger with excursions getting priority if you are going ashore independently there would be little point. As for Haugosund - nothing to do, especially for 5200 people. Fancy the Floen Skylift at Olden? It has a capacity of 350 people per hour!

So we need to have excursions booked for Geiranger with P o then we get off at Hellsesyt is this correct?I

I don't mind booking with po, especially as we get off first (I'm assuming). We done the skylight (just us no kids) last year very good.  Don't know why they go to Hauasung as you say nothing to do went there couple years ago said I wouldn't go back but not much choice.