Summit Waiter Recommendation?

js10

Does anyone have a recommendation for a waiter/table number on Summit in the main dining room?  I have Select Dining on an upcoming cruise out of San Juan and have found that if I show up after 8:15 or so I can usually request a specific waiter or table that is in his or her area.  I enjoy building a relationship with a waiter throughout the week but fixed dining was not available when I booked.  Any suggestions appreciated!

I am not certain if this waiter is still on the Summit as we were on the ship in July 2018.

However, I would recommend a gentleman named Enik ( spelling ? ). He was very attentive and gave us prompt service. He was especially good with the two children,ages 11 and 7 who were with us. 

One evening when the dining room was not particularly busy, he showed them some napkin folding ways to make a boat and a bird. They still remember how to do this and were showing us at a recent New Year’s Day gathering at our home. We were talking about him and remembering  him fondly.

We were in Select dining on the Summit last summer and had the best waiter we have ever had on any of our cruises, Cedric. At the time his assistant waiter was Santosh. Cedric was not only extremely friendly but respectful, he was everything you want in a dining room waiter - remembered our preferences, his recommendations were excellent, and he really watched out for us. We never had an issue asking to be placed in his section even though it was crowded. They put you near "your" waiter's section and he just adds you to his rotation. The head waiter told us that the best waiters go to Select dining because dealing with the timing of passengers all coming at different times is much more difficult than working set dining times. Also, he worked the section near the two-story back windows so his location was fantastic. I hope he's there when you are on the ship!

• Like 1

We have been on the Summit 3 times and have always enjoyed Donovan. We will be cruising  once again on the Summit (4/11) and hoping he is still on the Summit. ☀️

• 2 weeks later...

We had an assistant waiter named Sammy that did card tricks each night and was very humorous. We were curious if he is still on the Summit? Is there a way to find out in advance?

The last time we were on the Summit was November 2018 and we had a great waiter who played the guitar and serenaded us!  I can't remember his name but I'm pretty sure it started with an M.  If anyone knows who I'm talking about I'd love to get his name and see if he is still on a Celebrity ship.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:40 PM, lorimay said:

We were in Select dining on the Summit last summer and had the best waiter we have ever had on any of our cruises, Cedric. At the time his assistant waiter was Santosh. Cedric was not only extremely friendly but respectful, he was everything you want in a dining room waiter - remembered our preferences, his recommendations were excellent, and he really watched out for us...

Couldn't agree more, we are currently aboard and Cedric is the best