Embarkation day question

dis2cruise

We will be on the Equinox soon have a couple of questions...

1.  I have my X app that has my Xpress pass...is this all I need?  Do I need to print out the paper docs as well??

2.  Does the Equinox check you in with the rapid check in like the Edge does?

thanks!!

Yes that is all you need, though I printed out just in case. 

Mans yes it has the facial recognition software and your key is at your cabin, where you can go immediately to drop of carryons. I’ve not been on edge so not sure if that is the same, but it was the most efficient check in ever for us. 

3 minutes ago, GerScot said:

How do you get on board if you do not have the app and your seapass is in the stateroom?

You will need a print out of your express pass which turns into your boarding pass.  If you do not have a printed copy you will need to get one at the pier.  Your seapass card will be located in your mailbox outside your cabin door.

Edited by mscinmia

Even with the app, I would print out the Xpress pass just in case. When we boarded Edge last month, many people were having issues with the app and had to be checked off manually against the list, then had to wait in line to get a printed copy to board. Neither my daughter or I could get ours to load in the app, but my husband and son could, so we boarded without issue.

We haven’t boarded a revolutionized ship yet and I’m wondering about the procedure when you actually enter the ship...we’ve always had to have our sea pass card swiped at the entrance, hear the “ding” and proceed to the servers with the sparkling!  If you don’t have a sea pass card what happens when you enter the ship for the first time? Just walk aboard? No “ding”? 

47 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We haven’t boarded a revolutionized ship yet and I’m wondering about the procedure when you actually enter the ship...we’ve always had to have our sea pass card swiped at the entrance, hear the “ding” and proceed to the servers with the sparkling!  If you don’t have a sea pass card what happens when you enter the ship for the first time? Just walk aboard? No “ding”? 

Your Express Pass is what you will use to board the ship on embarkation. 

• Thanks 1

I never bring a paper copy.   I use my App and usually make a screen shot of the Boarding Passes just in case.    When boarding we simply showed our SeaPass on our phone to the gate agent and we were free to board.   It would be very similar to scanning your IPhone to board an airplane. 

• Like 1