Platinum Dining ?

babba

I am very frustrated as I have spoken to four or five NCL representatives and I have received a different answer each time.

We are three platinum / platinum plus sharing a cabin ... I understand that if two share a cabin you get two vouchers ... voucher # 1 dinner for 2 at Cagney's or LeBistro with a bottle of wine ... voucher # 2 dinner for 2 at Moderno or LaCucina ... Does the third platinum not get any benefits ???

I read the FAQ on the NCL site and the answer is very ambiguous.

If you have any experience with this ... please educate me ... 

Thanks in advance.

YES ... it is ambiguous ... cut and pasted from NCL site ...

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.
If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

• Like 1

Wow, guess I'll never travel with other Plats in my cabin.  I've always gotten 2 dinners for 2 even though I travel solo. So weird that they would describe what a 3rd person in a cabin would get when Plat. / +. 

In most cases I invite another solo cruiser to join me for the free dinners.  No one has ever denied my guest who accompanies me. 

4 hours ago, babba said:

I am very frustrated as I have spoken to four or five NCL representatives and I have received a different answer each time.

We are three platinum / platinum plus sharing a cabin ... I understand that if two share a cabin you get two vouchers ... voucher # 1 dinner for 2 at Cagney's or LeBistro with a bottle of wine ... voucher # 2 dinner for 2 at Moderno or LaCucina ... Does the third platinum not get any benefits ???

I read the FAQ on the NCL site and the answer is very ambiguous.

If you have any experience with this ... please educate me ... 

Thanks in advance.

The third platinum member will get a second certificate for dinners for two. If your third wheel or to find a friend, you could book a table for four. Otherwise if you can go to dinner and probably get two bottles of wine. Each platinum member is entitled to a free bag of laundry. Each platinum member can go on the behind-the-scenes tour,,, did you need to sign up at the cruiseNext desk on embarkation day. All platinum members will get their appropriate discounts off shore excursions, treatments, photos, gift shop purchases of branded items, etc. 

To expand on this a little.

When the rules changed a few years back, it was two meals for two regardless of the number of platinums in a room. So, in the OPs situation they would get exactly the same as a couple would. Effectively the third person would not get the platinum meals.

There was quite a lot of grumbling about this, and NCL obviously decided to correct things. Therefore, if there are 3 or 4 platinums in a room then you basically get two lots of benefits.

The wording in the T&Cs is a bit odd for two reasons. Firstly, NCL are not good at describing things. Secondly they are trying (and failing) to clarify the situation whereby one person gets meals for two (which happens for solos and rooms of 3). People keep on asking whether they can split those vouchers to get 4 meals for 1, which you can’t. They are trying to say that.

As mentioned above, you can use that voucher to take other people with you. Alternatively, I’m sure you could use the vouchers at different meals to make sure that two of you are always using the vouchers.

8 hours ago, babba said:

I am very frustrated as I have spoken to four or five NCL representatives and I have received a different answer each time..

That’s a mistake. Next time come here first, rather than bringing the NCL random answer machine in to complicate things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1