Seabourn Encore Thomas Keller Grill

mbswfla

I'm booking a cruise on the Encore.  Seabourn will only allow me to make advance reservations for 1 night in the Thomas Keller Grill. This is a 2-week cruise, and I'll be in an Owner's Suite.  Will I be able to make additional reservation(s) at this restaurant once onboard?  How likely is it that I'll get more nights there?

We have booked a two week cruise on the Odyssey in December, I booked two reservations for the grill, one for each week. I cant remember but I think I booked one in my name and one in my wife's name.

I didn't book in advance for TK pre-cruise on the Encore.  One day the menus for the other dining places didn't thrill so I called guest services in the late afternoon.  They were able to fit the two of us in at a good time for us.  Once was actually enough for me.  My husband would not have minded going back but we liked what was on offer at the other dinner spots and never found another day to go to the TK Grill. 

Jackie

Interesting to see this thread.

We're on 2 back to backs (30 days) on Quest ending 5th May and I have just tried to book online for 4 any night in the second half of the cruise.  I tried 2 people also to see what came up.  No availability at all.  We have 1 booking early on, but there is nothing at all for end April/beginning May.  

So I shall be trying once onboard!

5 hours ago, mbswfla said:

I'm booking a cruise on the Encore.  Seabourn will only allow me to make advance reservations for 1 night in the Thomas Keller Grill. This is a 2-week cruise, and I'll be in an Owner's Suite.  Will I be able to make additional reservation(s) at this restaurant once onboard?  How likely is it that I'll get more nights there?

If you're in an owner's suite you'll likely get whatever you want.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:32 AM, Mauzac said:

Interesting to see this thread.

We're on 2 back to backs (30 days) on Quest ending 5th May and I have just tried to book online for 4 any night in the second half of the cruise.  I tried 2 people also to see what came up.  No availability at all.  We have 1 booking early on, but there is nothing at all for end April/beginning May.  

So I shall be trying once onboard!

Try under your spouse/roommate's name

• Like 1

You should be able to book on board, especially if you are flexible regarding your dining time.  Don't overlook Earth and Ocean on the patio by the pool.  IMHO, Earth and Ocean has the most interesting and tasty cuisine on board.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:58 AM, wripro said:

If you're in an owner's suite you'll likely get whatever you want.

We were in a Signature Suite back in June and it had no impact whatsoever.  Seabourn Square flat out told us you have been once and that is all you are permitted (it was an 11 day cruise).  We were able to work directly with the Maître D' and get in a few extra times at 6pm (which is when we prefer).

For our upcoming 33 day cruise in October, I was able to book once per week for a total of 4 reservations.  We will try the same method again to see if we can get in when they have openings.  TK is the only dinner option at 6pm other than room service.  We will be level lower in suite this time (Owner's Suite) but I doubt that will help.

1 hour ago, JPH814 said:

Try under your spouse/roommate's name

Thank you so much for your post - it worked! 

I find it strange that in my name I was limited to one booking on a 30 day cruise.  But yes I managed a booking in my husband's name.  Thanks for the tip! 

8 hours ago, Mauzac said:

Thank you so much for your post - it worked! 

I find it strange that in my name I was limited to one booking on a 30 day cruise.  But yes I managed a booking in my husband's name.  Thanks for the tip! 

Our TA has always managed our Keller Grill reservations in the past.  She was always able to reserve one reservation a week for us.  So--on a 23 day cruise, we had three reservations.  We always reserve for four people--in case we meet others we want to ask to join us.  

• Like 1

We  book directly with TK Grill and are able to get as many reservations as we want.  Assuming there are cancellations and openings. The trick is to go directly to TK rather than Seabourn Square,  Their  computer lags behind TK. Go directly to "the horse's mouth."  Oh yes....Earth and Ocean is a well kept secret.....especially the Nigerian Shrimp.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cuddles115 said:

We  book directly with TK Grill and are able to get as many reservations as we want.  Assuming there are cancellations and openings. The trick is to go directly to TK rather than Seabourn Square,  Their  computer lags behind TK. Go directly to "the horse's mouth."  Oh yes....Earth and Ocean is a well kept secret.....especially the Nigerian Shrimp.

This depends on the sailing. On our cruise in December on Ovation we could only get the two we had booked online even though we asked the hostess on the second night to waitlist us for other nights. Our online bookings were early in the cruise. As we often enjoyed a pre-dinner drink at TK Bar we would always ask if there were any cancellations but was always told they were fully booked.

What was was disappointing was I seemed to see some people there almost every second night and dining from around 7.30. I was curious how they managed that.

Julie

5 hours ago, motherof2labs said:

What I have learned to do is always book a table for 4 and invite another couple.....If they reciprocate....you have doubled your reservations and made new friends!  

With our past three sailings on the Encore we have booked the reservations at the TK which we are entitled  to on line then if we met someone who would like to join us if they dont have a booking we ask if there are any cancellations for that night for our "new friends"  which seems a fairer way than booking a standard table for four,  so that everybody else on the ship gets a turn and as motherof2labs says they might invite us to join them when they have a reservation if space permits

27 minutes ago, Thecat123 said:

With our past three sailings on the Encore we have booked the reservations at the TK which we are entitled  to on line then if we met someone who would like to join us if they dont have a booking we ask if there are any cancellations for that night for our "new friends"  which seems a fairer way than booking a standard table for four,  so that everybody else on the ship gets a turn and as motherof2labs says they might invite us to join them when they have a reservation if space permits

Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.  We have found that we usually have friends to invite, so making the reservations for four has worked for us.  Quite a few couples are seated at tables for four, so I don't feel like we are taking extra places.  In fact, we are being more efficient!

4 hours ago, frantic36 said:

What was was disappointing was I seemed to see some people there almost every second night and dining from around 7.30. I was curious how they managed that.

Julie

So were we .. 

1 hour ago, SLSD said:

Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.  We have found that we usually have friends to invite, so making the reservations for four has worked for us.  Quite a few couples are seated at tables for four, so I don't feel like we are taking extra places.  In fact, we are being more efficient!

The difference is we have only invited one couple when there was space available and then we joined them on their night. With all the days we have sailed on the Encore we have never sat at a four table by ourselves when we dined at the TK. On all the other nights as we have joined other couples when we get to the restaurant to fill a four table

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thecat123 said:

The difference is we have only invited one couple when there was space available and then we joined them on their night. With all the days we have sailed on the Encore we have never sat at a four table by ourselves when we dined at the TK. On all the other nights as we have joined other couples when we get to the restaurant to fill a four table

If we had wasted space and sat at tables with two extra places, I would feel badly about it.  So far, that has not happened.  We seem to always have someone to invite and everyone is happy.  

28 minutes ago, SLSD said:

If we had wasted space and sat at tables with two extra places, I would feel badly about it.  So far, that has not happened.  We seem to always have someone to invite and everyone is happy.  

I wonder what happens if people don't get others to fill the table for four, are the the ones you have seen with only two at the table for four? 

On some cruises we have sailed with another couple but they can't confirm until a few months before the sail date. Even at that stage we have been unable to get tables for four in TK only tables for two. I can't eat at 6pm, way too early. Luckily we are fine in the MDR in a section we enjoy the crews interaction. So we still have a great night.

Julie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thecat123 said:

Are you saying that TK Grill showed you to a table where others were?  

We once had a booking for 2, we were on a large table and I said to the MaitreD to feel free to show another couple to our table if necessary and we were told that TK never join up diners and we would have the large table to ourselves.  

11 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Julie

Curious here too!

I have posted before about a couple who dined in TK Grill every night and not at 6pm!  They found the other dining venues 'sub standard' and sat in the same place (not a table for 2) every night.  

Really unfair for other cruisers who have difficulty getting a table.  

Just have to add, this wasn't Encore.  

Edited by Mauzac
addition
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AWillie said:

We ate there 1 time on a 2 week cruise. The restaurant is very good, but not great. The MDR was our preference or outside dining.

I feel the same.  The restaurant is very good, very nice.  But it's a big meal.  You don't go to TK to eat light.  and we have found the Colonnade and MDR to be our restaurants of choice.