Port of San Diego to Airport

DeanDeeDee

$12 in a taxi, or a 30 minute easy walk (about 1½ miles).  I was on an =X= cruise once, and the staff were embarrassed that the cruise line wanted $40 for a transfer and were actually saying "don't buy from us, just take a cab"

• Like 1

My taxi fares have run between $12 and $15 plus tip.  The cabs are SUPPOSED to turn right exiting the pier which can add a couple of dollars to the trip as opposed to some cabs who ignore the signs and turn left out of the pier (alot quicker and faster).

If you really want to save a couple of dollars, you could walk across the street to the Wyndam hotel and catch a cab from there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

If you really want to save a couple of dollars, you could walk across the street to the Wyndam hotel and catch a cab from there.

I like that idea since we are planning on staying there before our cruise and walking to the terminal, so we would know where we would be going!

3 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

...I did find the transfer on Carnival's website.  It would be $34.  I think we will just grab a cab!

Per person? I think I would be livid if I learned that I had paid that much for such a short distance. So glad you researched it and made the right choice. 😊

Also, the Wyndham is a great hotel - so convenient to the pier! Nice Starbucks in the lobby for a coffee run in the morning.

Edited by Langley Cruisers
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

Thanks for the replies.  I did find the transfer on Carnival's website.  It would be $34.  I think we will just grab a cab!

And that is why many of us almost never recommend cruise line transfers. They are almost always a horrible deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

And that is why many of us almost never recommend cruise line transfers. They are almost always a horrible deal.

And you have to sit in the shuttle and wait for it to fill up before they leave...  You could probably get thru security at the airport using a cab, by the time the shuttle leaves...   sigh

• Haha 1

I only use cruise line transfers when:

1.  I am not in a hurry

2.  I am not sure where I am going and do not know the route/distance  

3.  I have excess OBC to use up.

4. I am traveling solo

All or some of the above.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1