Online check-in

Tracey.kinney425

Just now, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Does your balance have to be paid to check in online? Also can you check in at 12:01am at the 90 day mark?

If you want to chance it....sure, why not? Be prepared to be very disappointed. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Does your balance have to be paid to check in online? Also can you check in at 12:01am at the 90 day mark?

Yes, final payment day is 90 days before your cruise and checkin day is the same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Chance what? Isn't 90 days the earliest you can check in online?

Your Cruise Manager will tell you when final date payment is due, AND the earliest date you can check in on line.

Edited by Joe817

2 hours ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

No, you don't have to be paid in full to complete your online check-in. Login to your Carnival account, click the "Planner" tab, and next to Online Check-In, it'll show you the date you can start it. Yes, it can be started at midnight eastern time on that day. In my experience, it never shows up right at midnight. Just give it a few minutes and refresh the page. Just make sure you're doing it at midnight eastern. You also don't have to complete your entire online check-in all at once. If you just want to pick your Arrival Appointment time, you can skip to that and do the rest later. You can also go back at any time to make changes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cathyz said:

Yes, final payment day is 90 days before your cruise and checkin day is the same.

That's not true.  Our next cruise is February 27, 2021.  Our check in date is November 22, 2020 and final payment is due December 7, 2020.  I can even print our luggage tags right now if I wanted to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

That's not true.  Our next cruise is February 27, 2021.  Our check in date is November 22, 2020 and final payment is due December 7, 2020.  I can even print our luggage tags right now if I wanted to.

100% correct. Our May voyage we can check in on March 2nd. Final payment date is March 17th. 

Yep, they recently changed the final payment timeline. For 2-5 day cruises, it's 75 days prior and 90 days for everything else. From what I've read elsewhere on the net, this is still more generous than most other lines, who make you pay in full further out from the cruise.

Online check-in starts at 90 days out, but I have seen a couple people say the date it originally showed they could start their online check-in changed. I'm guessing that's rare though.