Breeze or Horizon

gcbranscome

Hi! My family is new to cruising so I was wondering if I could get some opinions on which ship to go on.  I have 17 year old triplet daughters and this vacation is to celebrate their high school graduation. There is a 7-night Breeze going to Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk or a 6-night Horizon to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.  Are the ships that different? I’m sure we will love all the islands, so I guess I’m more interested in which ship is really better. Thanks for you help! 

22 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

Hi! My family is new to cruising so I was wondering if I could get some opinions on which ship to go on.  I have 17 year old triplet daughters and this vacation is to celebrate their high school graduation. There is a 7-night Breeze going to Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk or a 6-night Horizon to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.  Are the ships that different? I’m sure we will love all the islands, so I guess I’m more interested in which ship is really better. Thanks for you help! 

Hey! Welcome to cruising! Both ships will offer an array of activities that will appease all of your family! The Carnival Horizon is a bit newer, but they are very similar in terms of design. I recommend checking out this link, which will allow you to compare them side by side!

We have done both, and the Horizon has more activities! We loved the breeze and have sailed her several times but the new ships have more things to do. The 7 day itin is way better than the 6, but the horizon is way better then the breeze. Based on your question, the 7 day is the better choice. The ports are 1st time cruise friendly, and 7 days is better than 6. Safe travels! 

On 1/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Like the last poster mentioned I don’t think you can go wrong on either ship. Personally I would pick Breeze because I think Dream class ships are much better designed than Vista class ships and 7 days is better than 6 days. 

I agree with this.  

I have sailed on the Vista and Panorama, so very similar to the Horizon.  I have also sailed on ships in different classes.  The Breeze is my favorite.  It's not too large or too small.  The layout of the ship is nice.  The theater and comedy club areas are much better on the Breeze than Vista class ships.  I think the Vista class ships have the worst theaters of any line I have sailed..  But this is my personal preference.  Some people like the Vista class the best.  It's my least favorite class.

Another thing is that St Thomas is one of my favorite ports.  So, there's that.  LOL.  I went on a tour there and we had a stop that overlooked the ocean and surrounding islands.  It was beautiful.  Also, 7 days is better than 6.

There is a lot to do on Vista class ships though.  You might want the girls to go on Carnival's website and compare the two ships.   That's what I recommend because you will get opinions from people who like one or the other, but it's really personal preference.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

I have sailed both. The only way you would get me back on a vista class ship is if I had a Havana room again. The terrible layout of the comedy club, theater kill it for me. We have been on a lot of cruises but the pool decks were more crowded then we have ever seen on the horizon. That being said the Havana makes up for it. Our last breeze cruise we had terrible weather. I am excited to go on the Breeze again next month and give it another shot.