Mini Bar

duquephart

1 minute ago, janetcbl said:

We gave them a few choices of type ( i.e. Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Malbec) and they were able to supply our choices.

Same here. We gave them a few types and they brought our first choice.  We also didn’t have to trade out the little bottles of liquor.  They stayed in the mini-fridge, and also got replenished when one or two got used.

Same here. We gave them a few types and they brought our first choice.  We also didn’t have to trade out the little bottles of liquor.  They stayed in the mini-fridge, and also got replenished when one or two got used.
Did you have the Silver Spirits package?
If so, I could understand them being more liberal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We were on a 22 day cruise 9 months ago and most of the pax came down with Type A flu. We got sick about 6 days into the trip and didn't feel like drinking alcohol. We stashed all of the bottles and got new ones restocked everyday. We ended up with about 60 bottles which we brought home. We are leaving on a 28 day trip soon and are in a DV2 cabin (no booze) and plan on taking our 60 small bottles with us! We never got around to drinking them. There is also beer restocked daily if used. Husband ate all of the chocolate. He would have to be on his deathbed to pass on chocolate. The peanuts were rancid but the almond, dried fruit mix was good. We just asked for the almond mix and got two of those each day.

Edited by Insanityx4

On 1/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, cruisesport said:

What about the chocolate bars ? Stash or not?

We definitely kept the chocolates and brought them home; cannot pass up chocolate.  Good to know that we can swap out the mini bottles for wine.  We never drank the hard liquor(but we did drink the champagne!) - I wonder if we could get a bottle of sparkling wine instead?  We only kept a couple of bags of nuts - I would prefer chips... allergic to almonds.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:33 AM, Clay Clayton said:

We too asked to only have vodka and gin (they don’t stock bourbon 😢) but we didn’t stash the ones we didn’t drink everyday though one could. We tended to stash the shampoo and conditioner. LOL

Interesting you mention this.  When we lucked into an upgrade into the owner's suite on our Mediterranean cruise I made a comment about bourbon to our Steward.  I soon learned that I had to be careful what I mentioned.  When we got back to our cabin after our Croatia excursion this was waiting for us.  We were thrilled and embarrassed all at the same time.  

20190528_143620129_iOS.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 8:55 PM, just_dont said:

No Bourbon; just Dewars White Label blended Scotch (plus Beefeater gin, Smirnoff vodka, and the aforementioned Bacardi white rum)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not exactly premium brands! Nothing I would drink, I guess we bring our own gin and bourbon onboard. We have purchased the Silver Spirits beverage package so a trip to the closest bar is also an option.

Edited by terrydtx

On 2/2/2020 at 12:12 PM, flashfearless said:

Interesting you mention this.  When we lucked into an upgrade into the owner's suite on our Mediterranean cruise I made a comment about bourbon to our Steward.  I soon learned that I had to be careful what I mentioned.  When we got back to our cabin after our Croatia excursion this was waiting for us.  We were thrilled and embarrassed all at the same time.  

20190528_143620129_iOS.jpg

Now that is first class customer service, I am impressed. That is one of my top 3 Bourbon brands. Is Woodford available in the bars on board, it makes for a good Manhattan. We are doing the Venice to Athens cruise in September.

Edited by terrydtx

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Now that is first class customer service, I am impressed. That is one of my top 3 Bourbon brands. Is Woodford available in the bars on board, it makes for a good Manhattan. We are doing the Venice to Athens cruise in September.

No Woodford is on the ship at all. Which is why I brought it up in conversation. Which also made this gesture extraordinary. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, flashfearless said:

No Woodford is on the ship at all. Which is why I brought it up in conversation. Which also made this gesture extraordinary. 

So then they must have bought it on shore, which is what I may do too, we are only in a PV1 cabin so doubt  they will provide me a bottle, LOL