Riviera cabin 7130 or 7135

wowpeople

7 minutes ago, wowpeople said:

Can anyone tell me about these Penthouse 1aft cabins please? Are they the same size as all of the other Penthouse1? Would like to know advantages and disadvantages. Thanks in advance!

The disadvantage is that they are a bit narrower than other Penthouses and have a smaller walk in closet.  The advatage is they have the most glorious wrap around balcony.

Riviera 7135 aft side of balcony.jpg

Riviera 7135 balcony.jpg

• Like 1

A solution to the narrower cabin size is to have the coffee table and small chair removed and move the table and chairs at bottom of bed  to across from the couch.  Can't do anything about the closet so if you prefer a closet to a great balcony, pick a different PH

Riviera 7135 with small chair and coffee table removed.jpg

Riviera 7135 without table at end of bed.jpg

52 minutes ago, wowpeople said:

I do tend to pack heavy, wondering if the closet size is significantly smaller in this cabin.

Yes - as is the cabin itself.

Bottom line - what is more important to you - bigger cabin or bigger balcony.

Edited by Paulchili

28 minutes ago, wowpeople said:

Thank you. I think I will stay with the larger cabin.

28 minutes ago, wowpeople said:

Thank you. I think I will stay with the larger cabin.

Us too.  Also like the way the TV sets up better.  Can also view it from the chairs at the foot of the bed. 

4 hours ago, drib said:

This cold be anecdotal, because it's based on only one experience, in Cabin 7135, but we found the butler service that time was not as good as it is on deck 11. The extra space on the balcony was nice, but not all that useful - it was was way more than we needed, and it felt like we had moved into a new development without any trees. (They should really put a tree back there, like on Mr Roberts!")

Consequently, I wouldn't book any PH on deck 7 again.

I have been in one of those Deck 7 penthouses on numerous occasions and I have had 2 of the best butlers ever, a few good ones and one of worst.  I think it is luck of the draw.

Edited by cruisingxpert

20 minutes ago, drib said:

Why not put a wall unit out there, with a mini-bar, and a TV, and a music system, and a disco ball! (Of course they would have to re-categorize it as a PH-plus, or something like that.) 

210504.jpg

My vote would be to combine the two aftmost Penthouses on each side of Deck 7, thereby eliminating the "narrower" 7030 and 7035, in order to create 2 more "aft" Oceania Suites.  😍

Edited by StanandJim

9 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

210504.jpg

My vote would be to combine the two aftmost Penthouses on each side of Deck 7, thereby eliminating the "narrower" 7030 and 7035, in order to create 2 more "aft" Oceania Suites.  😍

Let's see - on a random cruise in May, two PH1 go for $9000 and one OC for $7000. That's a loss of $4000 for those 2 OCs on just a single cruise.

Multiply that by the number of cruises on that ship annually and then add the cost of refurbishment.

Not likely to happen anytime soon but a nice thought 😍

9 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

A solution to the narrower cabin size is to have the coffee table and small chair removed and move the table and chairs at bottom of bed  to across from the couch.  Can't do anything about the closet so if you prefer a closet to a great balcony, pick a different PH

Riviera 7135 with small chair and coffee table removed.jpg

Excellent suggestion. I've not enjoyed sitting in those chairs at the end of the bed having dinner served. Though they looked good in that location, eating I felt cramped and like I was eating in bed. This is much more appealing!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 7:48 PM, Paulchili said:

Let's see - on a random cruise in May, two PH1 go for $9000 and one OC for $7000. That's a loss of $4000 for those 2 OCs on just a single cruise.

Multiply that by the number of cruises on that ship annually and then add the cost of refurbishment.

Not likely to happen anytime soon but a nice thought 😍

Also would be about 20% smaller.  Not good.    Stay as we are. 

• 2 years later...

We just booked 7135 on a 2024 cruise because my TA recommended it.  I fell in love with the large aft balcony, but he failed to mention the smaller closet.  I don’t mind the smaller cabin, but how much closet space is left?  This is for a 28 day cruise, so not a small amount of clothing. 

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

We just booked 7135 on a 2024 cruise because my TA recommended it.  I fell in love with the large aft balcony, but he failed to mention the smaller closet.  I don’t mind the smaller cabin, but how much closet space is left?  This is for a 28 day cruise, so not a small amount of clothing. 

They do offer free laundry

just pack less

We take 1 26" case each no matter how long the cruise is   & we are usually in  an A,B or C cabin  no problem with storage

• 1 year later...