Slumming it on the Mexican Riviera - Royal Princess 1/4/2020 Photo Review

WinksCruises

16 hours ago, WinksCruises said:

I'm beginning to agree! How was Stone island?

Hi.  We live in San Diego County and have done the MR cruise at least once a year for 25 years or more.  We've also enjoyed land vacations in both PV and Mazatlán.  We've come to appreciate Mazatlán more and more.  Our first time was with Randi's Happy Horses.

Stone Island is easy to get to.  Just go out the cruise terminal, turn left and walk about half a mile, buy your ticket and get on the water taxi to Stone Island.  Once there, walk over the small hill and you step back in time.  There is a wonderful beach, several restaurants, a few beach activities and vendors.  We usually end up at Lety's for beer and coconut shrimp.  The beer is cold, the food very, very good, good service and they have clean, well-stocked restrooms.  There is no loud techno music.  You will hear the sound of the ocean and the occasional mariachi.  I've found that the vendors can be dispersed with a simple, "No Gracis." or shake of the head.  I've never found Mexican vendors as aggressive as those we encountered in Montego Bay.  

Last year, there was a guy walking his pet racoon on a leash.  Last week there was a guy leading a horse the size of a Labrador.  The horse had a small saddle and he was offering rides to small children.  I've never seen that before.

Short story is we love it.  Wish I  was there now and will be back.

Cheers

Edited by Bemidji Ty
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, satxdiver said:

In 2011 all the major American cruise lines stopped going to Mazatlan due to the drug gang problems.  They did not return for several years after the Mexican government assured them that the tourist areas were safe.  Last time we were there staying in the tourist areas we saw quite a number of police/soldiers.  It really hurt Mazatlan to lose the cruise ships and their money. 

We stopped going into Mazatlan much at the same time we stopped going into Acapulco.  We've done land based vacations in both these ports.  I can do without the extremely aggressive vendors and that heat and humidity is just stiffing.  I, for one, wish they would visit La Paz and Loreto and forget the traditional Mexican ports such as Mazatlan.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I, for one, wish they would visit La Paz and Loreto and forget the traditional Mexican ports such as Mazatlan.  

We didn't really care for La Paz. The long wait for a bus and then the long ride into town didn't work well for us. On the other hand, we loved Loreto. It was a new port when we were there - I think it was only the second season for cruise ships there - and it was unspoiled and friendly with a good beach.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We didn't really care for La Paz. The long wait for a bus and then the long ride into town didn't work well for us. On the other hand, we loved Loreto. It was a new port when we were there - I think it was only the second season for cruise ships there - and it was unspoiled and friendly with a good beach.

I loved La Paz but yes, you are right about the bus ride if you are going into town ....

There is an area to kayak in the Mangroves in the opposite direction of town from the dock, though.  The waters were just incredible ... turquoise waters with white sand beaches and so much waterfowl.  You may want to check it out someday.  The free bus doesn't go in that direction but worth the cost of a taxi ride out that way.  Not sure if they have equipment you can rent when you get down that way ... last time I was there, you had to be hooked up with the kayaks ahead of time ... there were no services there either so you'd want to take water.  I think there was an outhouse, though.  In the area of the bay, there were a few very expensive private yachts anchored.  They obviously were there to appreciate that gorgeous area.  This was my first impression of La Paz and IMO, not one to be missed.  I've read your posts over the last couple of years and think it is something you also would appreciate.  

And, yes, Loreto ... also, so wonderful!!  The trees that provide a canopy over the street,  the ice cold beer, the wonderful people and the most talented dancers.  I just loved it there, too.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I, for one, wish they would visit La Paz and Loreto and forget the traditional Mexican ports such as Mazatlan.  

Princess does do a 10-Day from LA that includes these ports (in addition to the classic itinerary).  I think it's on Star Princess.  We've looked into doing it, but the dates haven't yet worked out for us scheduling wise.

01%20Cover.jpg

Okay, story time.

I get into a tiff with one of the ship’s medical officers.  Nothing rash or imprudent.  Nothing even coming close to fisticuffs. But let’s just say, several unpleasantries were exchanged.

Now if you listen to Mrs. Winks recount this story, apparently we’re very lucky this episode didn’t get us kicked off the ship at the next port. Though, as I like to point out to her, the alleged altercation actually transpired on our final day at sea, and the next port was Los Angeles anyway. So, what’s the big deal?

But anyway, do you want to know what happened?  Mrs. Winks advises me not to bring it up; that the review can plod along (at its “current snail’s pace”, she always adds) without having to relate this particular incident.  But I figure enough time has passed, and I haven’t heard from their lawyers, and they haven’t heard from mine, so maybe it’s all water under the keel (as we mariners like to say).

And in my defense, who holds emergency practice drills on a sea day, anyway? Those types of exercises should be conducted while at port, when most passengers are off the ship.  So idiots like me don’t accidentally get in the way! But that’s kinda what happened.

Okay, so it all began innocently enough. It was a sea day. The sun was out. And Mrs. Winks was settled into a poolside lounger, sunning herself, and I was tooling about the ship just minding my own business.

Suddenly, over the PA loudspeaker comes one of those “Bravo, Bravo, Bravo” coded emergency calls. I don’t remember the specific one in this case - it might have been “Oscar, Oscar, Oscar” - but whichever one it was, it must have referred to “There’s a Passenger Down”, as you can clearly see here…

02%20DummyWide.jpg

I come around a corner, intent on heading up a flight of stairs to access the Sport’s Deck, when I see two crew members, dressed in scrubs, rushing over to one of those CPR dummies that’s laid out flat on a deck chair.

As I approach, I hear the medic asking the trainee a series of questions. “Does the passenger’s airway appear obstructed? Are they having difficulty breathing? Where is their tongue? What color is their skin?”

“Ask the other passengers if he’s been drinking a lot,” I offer, trying to be helpful.

“Sir, this is a mandatory drill. Please, move along.”

“No, seriously, shouldn’t she check his Medallion profile? To see if he’s got the unlimited beverage package or something? Maybe he’s just sleeping one off.”

The nurse shifts her gaze from me to check for her superior’s reaction.

“I mean, we’ve all been there…” I shrug my shoulders.

“Sir, it’s a matter of life and death. We don’t have time to check on their drink package status.”

Unphased, I lean down and place my nose to the dummy’s agape mouth, sniff twice, and rise.

“Yup, definitely smells like he’s been drinking,” I advise them. “Does medical have a stomach pump?”

It’s safe to say that at this point, the medic had had enough of my disruption and offered some strong words for me.  I replied back, in equally strong terms, that by performing their drill, off here in the corner, they were failing to accurately replicate an actual on-deck scenario, including having to deal with jack-asses like me. 

And I swear there was no shoving, before I was forced to move on.

03%20Dummy%20CU.jpg

After my failed attempt to bolster the medical emergency drill’s authenticity factor, I headed down to the Princess Live! space where The Fresh Prince of the Seas (Marcus, our cruise director) had arranged for an “enrichment lecture” with New York Times Bestelling Cozy Mystery author, Joanne Fluke.

Fluke writes about a bakery shop owner, Hannah Swensen, who’s also an amateur detective, in what Fluke laughingly admits must be the murder capital of the United States by now, fictional Lake Eden, Minnesota, where she has staged over 20 fatal mysteries. 

Her books are unique for several reasons. They’re all named after desserts. (She actually handed out free, signed, paperback copies of her “Fudge Cupcakes Murder” to everyone) All contain actual recipes that she’s vetted in her home kitchen. They’ve found enough faithful readers to generate NY Time Bestselling status.  And Hallmark Channel has adapted several of her books into TV movies.

I’m no fan of this genre of writing, but the interview was interesting and funny, as Fluke doesn’t take her stories or characters all that seriously, and she gave the standing room only audience insights into her craft, her battles with editors, and tips for breaking into publishing.

04%20JoAnneFluke.jpg

That night, the pool area was transformed into what was touted as a Mexican Night Open Deck Dance Party.  I’m not sure what was specifically Mexican in nature about it.  The music was the standard mix of pop hits and wedding reception party songs we’re all familiar with. And the dancing took on all the elements of a line dancing class, with the DJ calling out synchronized steps and turns.

Mrs. Winks and I were still fighting over my questionable behavior with the medical team earlier in the day, so both of us spent the party at opposite ends of the pool area, grabbing various shots and uploading videos to our separate Instagram accounts.

05%20DanceWide.jpg

06%20DanceClose.jpg

Next Up:  Final Thoughts

Edited by WinksCruises
  • Haha 4

Just got off the Royal from the Jan 11-18 Mexican Riviera.  I cannot agree more.  These suites are terrible and so cramped they aren't worth the up-charge.  Why would Princess make these suites any smaller?  We've always stayed in the Owner's Suite or better and these suites just don't compare.  I expected the downsized dimensions could be bothersome and was prepared.  I was NOT prepared for the inability to use the balcony as the soot was TERRIBLE.  Not to mention we had an equally bad room steward.  Needless to say this was the first cruise ever I did not tip the steward extra for their efforts.  The concierge was awesome and exceed all my expectations.  He received the extra big tip!  So I suppose if we ever sail on one of the older Royal Class ships again it will have to be one of the Penthouse Suites mid-ship instead of aft.  Goodbye huge balcony & great views! 😞 On the newer Royal Class ships I guess we'll need to spring for the Owner's Suite on Deck 8!

Otherwise the Royal was a joy to sail although it took a bit to find our way around a new ship.  Sabatini's and the Crown were wonderful, with fine food and fine service.  I was a bit concerned after our experience on the CB last may.  The new Sabatini's was okay though the ambiance was lacking.  And the Crown was awful, mediocre food with worse service.  I'm so glad that was an isolated instance.

Unfortunately we were unable to see the Secret Silk everyone raves about, but they were having technical difficulties with the hydraulics.  The last night we saw a singer from Silk perform solo with the cooking show backdrop for the scenery. 😞 The other shows were as expected, but the comedian was just hilarious.  Wish I could remember his name.  We all were almost in tears from laughing so much!

Thanks for the review.

12 minutes ago, SDWalt said:

Just got off the Royal from the Jan 11-18 Mexican Riviera.  I cannot agree more.  These suites are terrible and so cramped they aren't worth the up-charge.  Why would Princess make these suites any smaller?  We've always stayed in the Owner's Suite or better and these suites just don't compare.  I expected the downsized dimensions could be bothersome and was prepared.  I was NOT prepared for the inability to use the balcony as the soot was TERRIBLE.  Not to mention we had an equally bad room steward.  Needless to say this was the first cruise ever I did not tip the steward extra for their efforts.  The concierge was awesome and exceed all my expectations.  He received the extra big tip!  So I suppose if we ever sail on one of the older Royal Class ships again it will have to be one of the Penthouse Suites mid-ship instead of aft.  Goodbye huge balcony & great views! 😞 On the newer Royal Class ships I guess we'll need to spring for the Owner's Suite on Deck 8!

Otherwise the Royal was a joy to sail although it took a bit to find our way around a new ship.  Sabatini's and the Crown were wonderful, with fine food and fine service.  I was a bit concerned after our experience on the CB last may.  The new Sabatini's was okay though the ambiance was lacking.  And the Crown was awful, mediocre food with worse service.  I'm so glad that was an isolated instance.

Unfortunately we were unable to see the Secret Silk everyone raves about, but they were having technical difficulties with the hydraulics.  The last night we saw a singer from Silk perform solo with the cooking show backdrop for the scenery. 😞 The other shows were as expected, but the comedian was just hilarious.  Wish I could remember his name.  We all were almost in tears from laughing so much!

Thanks for the review.

Was the comedian AJ Jamal?  If so, I never laughed so much-my sides hurt.  We were on Jan. 4-11.

13 hours ago, WinksCruises said:

Princess does do a 10-Day from LA that includes these ports (in addition to the classic itinerary).  I think it's on Star Princess.  We've looked into doing it, but the dates haven't yet worked out for us scheduling wise.

I've done it in the past and they are fabulous.  I realize these ports probably couldn't handle the barrage of all the cruiseships that sail down the Mexican Riviera and to be quite honest, it would probably ruin their charm.  I still do cruise to the basic 3 ports on week long cruises and even when they are included in the 10 night sailings out of SF, but, I rarely get off the ship when in those 3 traditional ports anymore with Mazatlan is my least favorite of all.  Thankfully, the ship they are using down there for their 7 night sailings is very nice.  

4 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

OMG Joanne Fluke was a guest speaker? We love her Murder She Baked movies on Hallmark. Would have actually gone to that!

I've read all her books.  They're fairly formulaic, but fun.  I'd have gone.  Maybe she'll be back for our cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SDWalt said:

Thanks for the review.

We sailed 1/11-18 also. The comedian was AJ Jamal, I enjoyed his shows very much. We were at the early Secret Silk performance, the group I was traveling with agreed it was the worst cruise entertainment we had ever seen, (me personally 25 cruises).  My DIL said she felt embarrassed for the performers it was so bad. It definitely had potential so maybe the technical difficulties were causing issues. We took the tech breakdown as a blessing to allow us to escape from our mid-row seats. I did not care for the soprano, her singing seemed unnatural and forced to me. I am fairly easy to entertain, enjoy a wide variety of genres and even appreciate the talent in genres less to my liking.  I am, however, also aware entertainment can be as subjective as food, so just my take on it. 

7 minutes ago, imescaping said:

We sailed 1/11-18 also. The comedian was AJ Jamal, I enjoyed his shows very much. We were at the early Secret Silk performance, the group I was traveling with agreed it was the worst cruise entertainment we had ever seen, (me personally 25 cruises).  My DIL said she felt embarrassed for the performers it was so bad. It definitely had potential so maybe the technical difficulties were causing issues. We took the tech breakdown as a blessing to allow us to escape from our mid-row seats. I did not care for the soprano, her singing seemed unnatural and forced to me. I am fairly easy to entertain, enjoy a wide variety of genres and even appreciate the talent in genres less to my liking.  I am, however, also aware entertainment can be as subjective as food, so just my take on it. 

I kind of agree on the quality of Princess shows.  Most are pretty marginal in my book.  Glad I'm not alone there.

01%20SeaWalk.jpg

My lifelong cruising dream finally came true at our last port-of-call, Puerto Vallarta.  Mrs. Winks and I didn’t get off the ship.

I’ve tried to make this haughty brag before, on other itineraries, but invariably, we have always stepped off the ship for some reason or another, if only to tour the pier shopping mall to confirm they had a Diamond’s International, or to foolishly yield to the siren’s cry emanating from that little green Senor Frog or his tequila-soaked sidekick, Mr. Buffet.

But this time, we actually stayed on.  The entire time. Nary setting a foot on Deck 2, much less the gangway. That afternoon, I called security to see if I could get a copy of the day’s manifest, with dreams of framing our accomplishment once we got state-side, but they hung up on me.

Good thing, I suppose, because one of the only reasons Mrs. Winks agreed to stay on the ship at all was her frivolous concern that security might be staging the gangplank as some sort of sting operation with yesterday’s medic team, so they could positively ID me and toss me into the brig for calling their CPR dummy a drunk. (And what a cruise review installment that would have made for!)  But hey, whatever; Mrs. Winks’ paranoid delusions allowed me to live my best cruising life ever; staying on the ship!

This self-imposed imprisonment actually afforded us the opportunity to verify a lot of our suspicions and invalidate others.  I spent most of the day, a kid in the proverbial candy store, racing around the ship relishing my JOMO – the Joy of Missing Out.  Missing out on the endless, stuffy van taxi ride, the mismanaged lines and the This-pen-doesn’t-work waiver sign-ins, the poking of the aquatic animals and the hopping-off on busses. The haggling, the getting ripped off.  The food poisoning, the sun poisoning.  I was missing it all. Or rather, not missing a thing.

So here are some things I discovered during our little shipboard stay-cation.  For one, people still exercise.  Whether it’s the zombie-like procession on the sports deck, the morning Tai Chi at Sea class hosted by the MUTS screen instructor poolside at 8 am followed by the very popular Zumba class (with Nat), held in the Piazza, for some bizarre reason, at 9.  A lot of people seemed intent on staying ahead of the 7-day buffet bulge.

02%20TaiChiClass.jpg

Tai Chi @ Seas classes (Video screen image distorted because of camera refresh rate)

03%20ZumbaClass.jpg

Zumba @ Sea in the Piazza

Being able to wander freely around the ship, unencumbered by the crowds we’d face soon enough on the following two sea days, was extremely liberating. 

Mrs. Winks enjoyed free reign to situate her butt in any deck lounger she wanted - and even went through the motions of reserving a bunch of prime seats (never going back to check on them) with an elaborate array of clipped pool towels, empty tote bags and copies of the Fudge Cupcake Murders paperback (though just didn’t see the fun of chair-hogging if no one’s going to call you out on it).

Meanwhile, I set about on my mission of photographing as many of the the cruise vessel’s publically accessible electrical outlets that I could find, checking out hither to unvisited obscure venues like the cigar room and the vacant library, and keeping my ears open for a crew drill I could crash.

At one point I felt so inspired, I even purposely left my Medallion bracelet in the little call-box on one of the busier elevators, just to mess with Mrs. Winks, who was always checking her app to monitor my whereabouts.  Oh, sometimes I just kill me!

The romp also afforded me great views and Kodachrome moments like this one:

04%20SunsetAft.jpg 

The time onboard also let me inspect our stateroom a little better.  I learned that it didn’t matter if we kept the balcony door closed and locked, even with the thermostat at full coolness, the cabin never reached a level of air conditioning crispness you want from your accommodations.

And since I had the time, I ran the shower empty, just so I could get a shot of our slow running drain. Not a great shot, considering the waste of time and resources, but hey, a day at sea in port is just full of whims and innocuous little projects.

05%20Knobs.jpg

Stateroom Issues

I also had a chance to wonder other passenger decks aimlessly, trying to see if my super-powered medallion, which I finally retrieved from the right elevator this time,  would open anybody else’s cabin door. 

The re-assuring news is, it did not.  And aside from getting a lot of suspicious stares from room stewards who had never seen me before, I could also document that door art on Princess is still alive and well, even on this, a non-holiday sailing.

06%20DoorArt.jpg

Door Art of Royal Princess

And probably the best part of being on the ship while it’s in port is being able to raid the buffet anytime you want and never really face a crowd – well, at least until about 1 or 2pm when the excursions people start shuffling back in.

Most of them, of course, have spent money on drinks and food while off ship. But we took great solace in knowing all our meals, and snacks, and little cheats on the side, were all being had for free.

And you actually have time to explore your options and choose wisely, if decadently, rather than just grabbing something on the go because that tray station happens to be momentarily free of your cut-throat carnivorous competition during prime-time hours.

07%20BuffetCroissants.jpg

The casino wasn’t open while were in port, but during the day on our two sea days headed back to Los Angeles, the room was generally quiet and free of the crowding that occurred in the evening. Slipping off my Medallion and hiding it behind a seat cushion in one of the Piazza chairs, I would sneak into the casino in the middle day and deploy my latest strategy. 

What was that strategy, you ask? It was a simple money management one, that was aided by my reasonable good luck on the video poker machines this trip.

Here’s how it worked. I made a conscientious effort on this cruise to ALWAYS quit when I got to be about $20 to $25 up.  It usually pained me to do so, since I always thought I was aborting a winning streak, but in the end, I actually walked away over $100 up.  While that’s nothing in most people’s books, for me, it was a small victory just to have chump change to spend on the way home.   

08%20Casino.jpg

The Royal Princess casino

Since we had a beverage package (it actually came as part of the fairly decent cruise fair Mrs. Winks scored for us) we didn’t feel as compelled to attend the nightly Elite Lounge gathering located in Club 6, next to the casino.

With our status clearly on display at all times thanks to our Medallion wrist bands, there seemed less of an obligation to make a show of walking in and out of the club between the hours of 4:30pm and 6:30pm.  It wasn’t as if this was a Royal Caribbean cruise, where the Diamond Lounge is open bar during that time; Princess only offers a small offering of drink specials. 

But what they do offer, which we foolishly didn’t take advantage of until the final evening, was some nice pre-dinner hors d’ouvres, which quite frankly easily bested the appetizers we’d been getting all week in the Main Dining Room!

Mrs. Winks also liked the fact Club 6 featured large porthole windows from which to view the sunset. Often times on Royal Caribbean, the Diamond and Concierge Lounges are tucked away in the ship’s interior – little funeral parlors Mrs. Winks calls them – which she doesn’t fine as amenable to upscale maritime living.

The last evening, they even had a special Bon Voyage cake along with their assortment of cheese, meats and other nibbles.

09%20Elite_Lounge.jpg

10%20Elite_Lounge.jpg

Elite Lounge Menu

So while our final sea days on the Royal Princess were for the most part enjoyable ones, there were still a couple of issues that irked me.  And I know, Mrs. Winks has told me no one else will really care about these shortcoming, so please indulge me my crackpot OCD flaming for a moment.

First of all, on the official Princess Cruise site, they herald a monthly book club.  They claim it’s held on all the ships and they thoughtfully give you the book titles ahead of time so you can start reading.  For those who find out about the book club meeting on the ship, they assure they will have several copies for loan in the ship’s library.

What a bunch of malarkey.  I scrutinized the Princess Patter every day for an announcement about when the book club meeting would be held.  There was never a mention.

The library itself was stripped of all reading material except a couple of foreign language books and is primarily a board game room.

The real kicker is, I bothered to go out and get the book, read it, and found it to be a really good selection (The Dutch House - as picture below). And now I had nobody to talk about it with, except Mrs. Winks, who never listens to me anyway. 

Why do they make such a big deal about the book club at sea on their website and then drop the ball so unceremoniously with it??

11%20PrincessBookClub.jpg

Princess Cruise web site page about their Bookclub at Sea.

And don’t even get me started about the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle!  When you’re on the Cruise Critic web site, dutifully participating in your voyage’s Roll-Call and someone cries out, let’s do a Meet and Mingle! You obviously go out to see how to set one of these gatherings up when sailing on Princess.

We’ve been to a few of these passenger meet-ups, mostly on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise Lines, and while they’re largely hit and miss (and mostly miss) occasionally you walk away with some swag, or a bottle of champagne, or a picture with some of the ship’s officers (sometimes even the Captain).

But lo and behold, when you get to the Princess Meet and Mingle sign up page, you are assured that EVERY Princess itinerary hosts one, and not to worry, just check your good ole Princess Patter for the time and date once you’re onboard.

Well, once again, Royal Princess let us down.  There was no announcement in the Patter. And hence no Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle transpired.

12%20MeetMingle.jpg

Screen Shot of the Princess Cruises web site page about Cruise Critic Meet and Mingles

All that all said, in the end, it was another excellent cruise, with only the occasional hiccups to burst the fantasy bubble and ground us back to the shortcomings of living in the real world.

Cruising is becoming less special, more expensive, and too family-focused.  Amenities and accommodations we used to be awed by, and then took for granted, are now slowly disappearing. We know this. And yet we still find the overall experience too compelling to dismiss out of hand. And Mrs. Winks is currently on the hunt for another unusual stateroom, at an attractive price, with an itinerary we can’t say no to.  So expect to see us back sometime soon.

13%20PortLA_Labelled.jpg

Back in The Port of Los Angeles

Next up (maybe): Our LA "Shore Excursion".

Edited by WinksCruises
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my goodness. I was falling apart reading the part about the dummy and those poor worker bees trying to do their job while you give them, and the dummy, a hard time (all in good fun, of course)!  😂😂

Loved your review. Thank you very much for posting. 👍🏻

On the book club ... I read one in advance.  The cruise was at the beginning of the month, so they had the book for the previous month  (they actually had a handout meeting).   At the end of the cruise, they had a turn it in meeting.  No discussion, except for 3 minutes between me and the other person that had read the book.

On the meet and mingle.  In over 30 Princess cruises, I have only once (2007 I think) seen anything official in the Patter (and as apparently is usual when they do that, some came to complain - guess they thought it was cruise criticize).  Usually, it's set up by someone in the roll call, and that's where the meet up is announced.  It may be informal in a venue, or, if someone in the roll call has the energy to arrange it, there may be a bar available and officers invited.  But for the latter to happen it has to be arranged by a rolll call member.

I did once once, I got them to reserve a venue.  Someone else was going to send letter to the officers.  I don't think they did that.

My wife and I did this cruise over Thanksgiving last year and did not get off the ship once at the ports of call. We treated it like our typical land style vacations and had breakfast, retired to a comfy lounger, had drinks brought to us, went to lunch at the buffet (only because it was a Royal class ship), back to the lounger and drinkies, has followed by back to the cabin, shower and ready for dinner, drinkies and eats and then some more drinkies at Crooners and then retire for the evening. 

My my wife was wheelchair bound for the cruise and it didn’t hurt that we had reserved Sanctuary for the full week and I was intent on getting my money’s worth from that -and the afternoon tea and scones. 😉 We’ve done this particular itinerary about 5times, so have visited all the ports before and also been on land vacations there as well.  

However, if it was proper whale watching season, I would have by hook, or by crook, gotten my wife into some kind of boat again to get closer to these magnificent creatures. 

Edited by polmcs

Thank you my DH @WinksCruises for another informative and fun review. For me it is a joy to relive our shenanigans through your stories! It always saddens me when your reviews are over but, at the same time, I am happy to get my husband back. It takes a ton of time and effort to provide these reviews and I, for one, am truly grateful. I love going back and reading your reviews from our previous sailings. And for my fellow cruisers out there check out the links in Winkscruises signature to read all about them!

So now the bad news, my sweet DL...we have two more cruises book for later this year (including the beautiful Sky Princess)!! I probably should have told you in person but this way is so much easier. Rest up because you are going to need it!!

To find out more about our upcoming adventures follow us on insta @winkscruises and @mrswinkscruises

Bye for now!

• Like 6