Nighttime in San Juan 5:00 - Midnight trip

Lanic24

Hi everyone,

Looking to find something to do in San Juan when we are there in the evening. Do you recommend any locations, places, forts, shops? I am probably eating dinner on the ship, so no food needed. Thanks in advance! 

You could also ask on the MSC boards since at least one of their ships has roughly the same time there.

When we last went, I stayed on the ship and the other five went and pretty much walked around OSJ.  El Morro closes at 6.  There are often recommendations to eat at a couple hot spots but since you are doing that on the ship it doesn't matter.

3 hours ago, Lanic24 said:

Hi everyone,

Looking to find something to do in San Juan when we are there in the evening. Do you recommend any locations, places, forts, shops? I am probably eating dinner on the ship, so no food needed. Thanks in advance! 

I suggest a bio-luminescence tour if one is available.

We did the bioluminescent bay last March. It was so awesome to see. Plus it really makes you use your senses as you paddle your kayak in complete darkness. We got back to ship about 10 minutes late but since it was a ship excursion it didn’t matter. It was fun laughing when the people in the decks started yelling down at us how we were late, little did they know that it was ok! Haha!

On 1/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, Lanic24 said:

Hi everyone,

Try the cocktail hour at The Mezzanine.  

It lasts for 4 hours from opening time at 4pm.

Grab a balcony seat overlooking the streets and rooftops, and a small plate or two of Tapas.  Great vibe, and a good selection of Rums.