Holland America Tiles

doris1930

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We have some.  6  of them, from different ships, different sailings and we mounted them on a plaque and they are hanging in our kitchen and others we use as coasters.

Edited by marco

I have many with one that I think is somewhat unique.  It shows the "old logo" with the inscription "Celebrating the greatest guests in the world....The Members of the Mariner Society".

I have at least one of the tiles that honor Rotterdam VI and Amsterdam.  These will only become more valuable as the years pass.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have quite a few and a couple of unique ones too for HAL, tile wise for a couple of their emigrant ships the Waterman and the Groote Beer, but I have the *Anchor* tile versions, there was one with the anchor  on the tile and one without the anchor on it. I have a couple for the Nieuw Amsterdam for a Asia Pacific Explorer Cruise. an Anchor Version tile for the Volendam. And a group shot of the rest of my tiles

d8srf9r-df7a9c53-cfb6-4bde-91c1-0a709bcc9796.jpg

da004la-edf8afae-3328-497d-8b5b-e1a9283b4e8b.jpg

dbpqm8c-a981284d-3d27-475e-8104-8b63f66c7104.jpg

de1da2r-7c8c683d-0094-40a0-b252-50687c70498b.jpg

volendam_tile_by_wildelf34_dbnd60n-pre.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, norboy76 said:

a couple of unique ones too for HAL, tile wise for a couple of their emigrant ships the Waterman and the Groote Beer,

I was not aware that they produced tiles for those two ships.  Looking at your collection, there are some that I recognize and I have.

I have a tile that I think is unique.  It has a magnet on its back with the previous logo of HAL occupying the most space on its surface.  It's wording:  "Celebrating the greatest guests in the world"   "The Members of the Mariner Society".  I have it on the side of my file cabinet and see it every time I sit at my desk to use my computer.  No memory of when I received the tile.  

I also have a "Farewell Commemorative Cruise, M. S. Statendam, September, 21, 2015" tile that is larger than all of the others that HAL produced.  

Some HAL cruisers have been more imaginative than I ever was with the use of these tiles.  I cruised with a woman who used the tiles to cover the coffee table in her living room.