Princess tv

dmccadden

Just got off the Grand today.  I can say I was very pleasantly surprised by the selection of free movies available (they were all free).  Far better than I've ever seen on RCI and NCL ships.  On most ships I've been on, it's mostly crap or an upcharge.  The selection on my cruise was up-to-date (plenty of popular ~2019 stuff).  I think I watched 5 movies in total at bedtime over 5 nights. 

Edited by mk-ultra
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I only watch the TV while getting ready in the AM and then while getting ready for bed. My wife will stay up a while before shutting down. I did not go on a cruise to watch a movie on the TV. If I want to watch a movie I will go on the Lido deck get some popcorn and watch a good one. Usually a first run. Did that twice out of 70+ cruises. So much to do on the ship. Shows, live music almost everywhere. Something I cannot do at home.

Each their own. I am mostly inclined to find a quiet place on deck to read. Trivia, chess, and reading are sufficient to cover my sea days. But I occasionally watch movies and news. Princess is far better than RCCL, HAL, and certainly NCL for such entertainment. RCCL does maybe have better live shows, but not too into that. Princess for me, mostly.

1 hour ago, generichandle said:

Each their own. I am mostly inclined to find a quiet place on deck to read. Trivia, chess, and reading are sufficient to cover my sea days. But I occasionally watch movies and news. Princess is far better than RCCL, HAL, and certainly NCL for such entertainment. RCCL does maybe have better live shows, but not too into that. Princess for me, mostly.

We mostly read, attend trivia, etc. as well but my wife will curl up with a movie sometimes. On laundry day it's good to have a movie one can watch and pause while attending to the laundry. 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Just got off the Grand today.  I can say I was very pleasantly surprised by the selection of free movies available (they were all free).  Far better than I've ever seen on RCI and NCL ships.  On most ships I've been on, it's mostly crap or an upcharge.  The selection on my cruise was up-to-date (plenty of popular ~2019 stuff).  I think I watched 5 movies in total at bedtime over 5 nights. 

Happy to hear this.  Thanks for posting.

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

What cruise lines have a charge?

Just about every other mainstream line (the one I can't remember offhand: HAL).  Royal Caribbean for sure, as I just got off Spectrum last month and -- after getting lots of free, new movies on the flight and the Silversea cruise I did first -- it was so disappointing to suddenly see prices on the on-demand system.  And ludicrous prices too, like $11.99 USD for new (but not that new) titles I'd already seen on DVD from my local library. 😝

On 1/28/2020 at 9:22 AM, cityguy300 said:

Just about every other mainstream line (the one I can't remember offhand: HAL).  Royal Caribbean for sure, as I just got off Spectrum last month and -- after getting lots of free, new movies on the flight and the Silversea cruise I did first -- it was so disappointing to suddenly see prices on the on-demand system.  And ludicrous prices too, like $11.99 USD for new (but not that new) titles I'd already seen on DVD from my local library. 😝

Can you connect to their HDMI input on their TV's?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Can you connect to their HDMI input on their TV's?

As far as I know, you can.  I never fiddled with the back of the TV to try and connect my phone or laptop, but I seem to remember messages in years past where people did just that... and I don't think any of the cruise lines go out of their way to block or disable their TVs' ports anyway.