Princess tv

dmccadden

It has been a while since we have been on princess what is there tv channel selection like.  Royal is not that great neither is MSC.  I heard they have movies that good.  Just wondering for the night time and am hours when we are relaxing. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

It has been a while since we have been on princess what is there tv channel selection like.  Royal is not that great neither is MSC.  I heard they have movies that good.  Just wondering for the night time and am hours when we are relaxing. Thanks 

ESPN International, MSNBC News, Fox News, BBC News. This is the only regular network programming.

Most, not all, Princess ships have movies and other programs on demand at no charge. Some of the older ships may not have converted to on demand yet. Those that do not have on demand have channels with movies, classic and newer tv programs.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

ESPN International, MSNBC News, Fox News, BBC News. This is the only regular network programming.

Most, not all, Princess ships have movies and other programs on demand at no charge. Some of the older ships may not have converted to on demand yet. Those that do not have on demand have channels with movies, classic and newer tv programs.

The Pacific is one of the ships that doesn't have the on demand system.:classic_sad:

The On Demand selection is very good. The movies include family, action, romance, and lots of Marvel type- these will be available the first day. As movies are shown at MUTS they are added to the selection- a feature we like because DH has trouble hearing the outdoor movies.

12 hours ago, Cool_Dude said:

You can always watch reruns of "The Love Boat". 

How much better can it get?

They used to have every episode on demand. Last year there was a limited selection. Bummer. Who doesn’t love Charo and Sandy Duncan?

12 hours ago, Cool_Dude said:

You can always watch reruns of "The Love Boat". 

As we have not seen that for quite a long time, and will be on our first Princess cruise in May, this might be fun for a few episodes. Can anyone tell me if Emerald has on demand?

4 hours ago, karylrocks said:

As we have not seen that for quite a long time, and will be on our first Princess cruise in May, this might be fun for a few episodes. Can anyone tell me if Emerald has on demand?

Yes. Emerald does have on demand.

When I was on Sky Princess back in December, I noticed that they had dropped ESPN and replaced it with another sports channel.  Cannot remember the name.  Showed NFL games on TV and Movie Under the Stars(MUTS).  

On 1/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, skynight said:

Don not forget the Love Boat reruns. Loved the ships horn on the SKY It played the partial theme 

honestly, i find the tv selections disappointing.  while there is a fair amount of choice shows, there is only 1-2 episodes of each.  the movies are a good selection, some really recent popular movies, and a nice sprinkling of foreign/art house flicks as well.

my real complaint is lg tvs have some sort of motion smoothing that drives me insane because it makes everything look like an 80's soap opera. 

i can't remember if they also have access to the sleep timer function.  my last vacation either the cruise or the hotel had the sleep timer function, and i can't remember which one did.

i seriously do not understand why hotels/ships block the sleep timer function of tv's, falling asleep to tv is a very common thing.  i'm firmly team fall asleep to tv.

that said, i have always found something to watch on princess. i'm just curious why airplanes have better tv than cruise ships.  i feel like the technology is there for better tv options.

Edited by vampiress

I only watch the TV while getting ready in the AM and then while getting ready for bed. My wife will stay up a while before shutting down. I did not go on a cruise to watch a movie on the TV. If I want to watch a movie I will go on the Lido deck get some popcorn and watch a good one. Usually a first run. Did that twice out of 70+ cruises. So much to do on the ship. Shows, live music almost everywhere. Something I cannot do at home.