Quest December 2021 - query for Bonnie?

lovecruzin

I can’t find any Quest itineraries between the TA that arrives in MIA on Nov 28 and the Panama Canal cruise to Peru on Jan 7, 2022. Am I missing something?

I was hoping to find something in N America but it looks like there are no ships here in the next 2 years! 😞 

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I doubt the Nov elections will have any impact.   U.S. citizens (parents, grandparent from Cuba) have a mega suit against Cuba and the cruise lines who used any of the ports in Cuba.  It seems private individuals owned all of the ports in Cuba and the property was confiscated by the Cuban government.   The relatives in the U.S. are looking for huge sums.   It is unlikely the ships will be be able to dock before all of this is settled.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:47 PM, lovecruzin said:

I can’t find any Quest itineraries between the TA that arrives in MIA on Nov 28 and the Panama Canal cruise to Peru on Jan 7, 2022. Am I missing something?

I was hoping to find something in N America but it looks like there are no ships here in the next 2 years! 😞

The voyages for that time period will be released in February.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Bonnie,  as it is now March, I wonder if you meant Feb. 2021? 

Unfortunately it will take a few weeks more. We are still waiting for a few confirmations. 

Please check back in at the end of March if the new itineraries aren't published by then.

Bonnie,  I would imagine Miami have their hands full with whats going on in the world at the moment with the virus and its impact to cruises in the next week and month, never mind December 2021! 

Alot has happened in the 5 weeks since the original post and whilst it may  have initially been doable to supply updated details for Quest,  I suspect its on the back burner and they will get to December 2021 when they have sorted potential itinerary amendments or not for spring/summer 2020? . Every day people are asking on here and also their travel agents what’s happening.

Whilst  it would be lovely to know whats happening in 20 months time, I would be happy for Miami to prioritise this year first! 

Lets hope we all stay healthy and get to be on and enjoy our cruises safely. 👍🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, combine said:

Bonnie,  I would imagine Miami have their hands full with whats going on in the world at the moment with the virus and its impact to cruises in the next week and month, never mind December 2021! 

Alot has happened in the 5 weeks since the original post and whilst it may  have initially been doable to supply updated details for Quest,  I suspect its on the back burner and they will get to December 2021 when they have sorted potential itinerary amendments or not for spring/summer 2020? . Every day people are asking on here and also their travel agents what’s happening.

Whilst  it would be lovely to know whats happening in 20 months time, I would be happy for Miami to prioritise this year first! 

Lets hope we all stay healthy and get to be on and enjoy our cruises safely. 👍🤞

well said!!!!

• Like 3

Apologies if my question is poor timing! 

I don't follow this board closely was not aware of the issues for this year! I’ll be on an X cruise in April and we’re all waiting for a potential itinerary change due to several of the S Pacific ports being closed to cruise ships so I can relate to the frustration.

And thank you Bonnie for your replies!

Edited by lovecruzin
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Apologies if my question is poor timing! 

I don't follow this board closely was not aware of the issues for this year! I’ll be on an X cruise in April and we’re all waiting for a potential itinerary change due to several of the S Pacific ports being closed to cruise ships so I can relate to the frustration.

And thank you Bonnie for your replies!

Lovecruzin

Please know this was not a personal comment to you but a general reply to Bonnies answer.

In a normal year Miami would be working hard to sort out itineraries way in advance but my comment was that I am sure we can all wait whilst they hopefully sort out whether or not we have cruises to go on in the coming weeks, due to the virus.  I personally have 3 on Quest before the end of June and I will just  wait and see what happens.

Hope all goes well for your X cruise. 🚢

Edited by combine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Your patience and understanding is much appreciated. 
We are just as excited to release the Quest 2021/2022 itineraries as you are to receive them. Hopefully soon! 

I was wondering if it has anything to do with getting the ship specifications ready to fit the requirements of the Polar Code, but expect that would be need to be done by the beginning of 2021.  I did ask in another threat but it received no comments from anyone.   http://www.imo.org/en/MediaCentre/HotTopics/polar/Documents/POLAR CODE TEXT AS ADOPTED.pdf