Hotel/car recommendations

Cnote74

We are scheduled to go in 10 day cruise in reflection. We plan to fly in the day before. Any recommendations on hotels? We specifically interested in Marriott with our membership status.

Not sure if we should get hotel near port or elsewhere and take Uber the day if departure.

thanks

It is a nice hotel on a pretty and walkable beach. The sunrise is beautiful from there, and you can watch the ships sail into and out of Port Everglades. 
We have stayed there a few times, (sort of B2B cruises with a day or two on land between) but will choose to stay elsewhere next time. There are often conventions, weddings, dinners and breakfasts served in front of the guest rooms, bands and/or DJ’s playing loudly on the ocean side of the hotel - parties only lasted until around 11

or 12 at night, but the music usually ended by 11. The check-in and getting into our room was late each time for us, and we happened to arrive somewhat early, apparently the ocean front rooms are not ready even by normal check in time. Each of the restaurants had decent food, and all but the check-in staff in our experiences were very friendly.  Not many other places nearby so not a lot is accessible without a car - we used a ride service several times per stay- very convenient. 

Again, we will choose a different hotel next time. 

Lot of reviews on line mentioned the conventions and noise, but I chose not to believe them and was sorry all three days. 

The hotel itself is nice, and newly refurbished,  the pool is pretty, too. I just wouldn’t take my chances with the room selection available and not knowing if There will be several major events booked during my stay again. 

We are going on celebrity cruise in November out of Fort Lauderdale.

lookinh for hotel recommendations for one might before our cruise.

is this one in good location to port?

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllsb-fort-lauderdale-marriott-harbor-beach-resort-and-spa/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

as for transportation from Fort Lauderdale airport do you have any recommendations to get to the hotel? 4 adults and 2 kids (1 needs booster)

potentially also to the port from hotel the day we depart in the cruise.

thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Any others you would recommend? We have member status with Marriott so that is the preferred hotel we want to stay as we may use points.

what type of transportation did you use from hotel to get to cruise ship?

also any recommendations on transportation from airport to hotel? 4 adults 2 kids (1 needs booster seat)

You might want to check out the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel. We're using our Marriott points there next month. Taxi or Uber are cheap, and only 10-15 min from airport and to pier.

Edited by mom says

@Cnote74

Howdy! emo22.gif 

Your two threads have been merged into one on the correct forum.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

7 hours ago, mom says said:

You might want to check out the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel. We're using our Marriott points there next month. Taxi or Uber are cheap, and only 10-15 min from airport and to pier.

That’s the one I prefer to stay at.  Close simple to get to   Definitely use Uber.  Plus nice walk in the morning up the causeway and able to see the ships in port.  Used this hotel 3 x for cruises. 

9 hours ago, Cnote74 said:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllsb-fort-lauderdale-marriott-harbor-beach-resort-and-spa/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

as for transportation from Fort Lauderdale airport do you have any recommendations to get to the hotel? 4 adults and 2 kids (1 needs booster)

thanks

Welcome to the boards! 😎

I would call the hotel to see if they offer a shuttle service for both airport and port - a fee will likely be involved for one or both. Alternatively you can split into 2 UberX cars - I would bring your own booster seat. Target and Amazon sell travel booster seats, some are even inflatable! You can also search the family cruise board to see what other transportation solutions families travelling with kids found in the FLL area.

Finally you can check with Go Airport Shuttles and Larry's Limos. Good luck and have a great cruise. 👍

13 hours ago, Cnote74 said:

thanks

I would recommend Uber.  It would probably be best to get 2 cars.  

To request Uber Car Seat, tap the 'car seat' option after selecting the UberX vehicle type. A $10 surcharge is added to UberX pricing for Uber Car Seat trips. (c) 31 inches. A child is too big at 48 lbs. or 52 inches.