Alaska Coral princess vs Holland America Noordam.

Sat_kumar_76

Hello everyone, we are planning for one way cruise and do a land tour. Both Princess and Holland offers similar itenary, Instead of paying for Balcony for 4( about $3000 more), we are thinking to go with insidwand spend most of the time outside and use that money on better shore excursions. We are not sure which cruise ship offers the best viewing experience from outside decks. I read somewhere that coral has covered viewing area that may be helpful during rains or windy days for Inside stateroom. Please help us pick the correct ship for Inside stateroom viewing. Thanks a lot.

28 minutes ago, Sat_kumar_76 said:

Hello everyone, we are planning for one way cruise and do a land tour. Both Princess and Holland offers similar itenary, Instead of paying for Balcony for 4( about $3000 more), we are thinking to go with insidwand spend most of the time outside and use that money on better shore excursions. We are not sure which cruise ship offers the best viewing experience from outside decks. I read somewhere that coral has covered viewing area that may be helpful during rains or windy days for Inside stateroom. Please help us pick the correct ship for Inside stateroom viewing. Thanks a lot.

I also came to know Norwegian Jewel offers same itenary but Northbound. Any one of the cruise line Princess, Holland America or Norwegian, please let me know the ship that offers best views for Inside stateroom for Alaska one way cruise. Thanks a lot for your help!!

Edited by Sat_kumar_76

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

All of the ships have great outside viewing...lots of open deck space, and, when its cold, plenty of inside viewing space. You are splitting hairs here...the cruise lines work to maximize viewing.

Thanks for your input. When you say all of the ships, do you mean the above 3 ships? I am also looking at Royal Princess that is newer and got more activities on board. We are 4 families with 8 kids from 10 to 15 year old kids. 

I think Noordam is your best choice.  Check out the cat J interiors.  They are quite large.  

The ship opens the bow for Glacier Bay where they serve Dutch pea soup, along with coffee and hot chocolate (with Baileys!).  On the interior, Noordam has the Crows Nest, which is perfect for Alaska cruising.  Stay away from the newer Princess ships.  They are the worst for viewing.  No interior panoramic lounges, and no proper promenade deck.  

Here is a pic of the cat j interiors on HAL:

image.png.2525e5f3f216621ff8816df26c8bf8e8.png

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 3

Noordam (all HAL ships, but we love the Vista Class the best) has the Crows Nest == Observation Deck bar-and-cafe right at the prow, with enormous out-leaning windows, exiting to open deck to the aft. Also a full promenade.

There are inside cabins on the Observation Deck; they are not original and are somewhat smaller than the Main Deck's J and K insides. But they are close to the open deck and the Crows Nest!

All ships doing Glacier Bay will have a naturalist (Ranger) on board for that day, because it is a National Park.