Earliest flight out of LGA/EWR from Cape Liberty Cruise Port

letsgocrusing

A lot will depend on how quickly they clear the ship. 8am arrival does not mean 8am departure.  For EWR on a Monday AM I would not book anything before 11am and that would be with having a car waiting for you.  LGA, 1pm at the earliest.  You are coming in at the end of rush hour, you will have to deal with gunnels and bridges with tolls. It oculd take an hour, it could take 2 or three.  Cape Liberty to LGA and JFK is just painful. 

AA has changed our flight from Newark to 11:00 am on Tuesday 5/19. Summit gets in at 8:00 am. Will this flight time work if we walk off with our luggage? What is the earliest people have gotten off with self debarked at Bayonne

Thank you.

Edited by vkb2751

On 2/14/2020 at 6:39 AM, vkb2751 said:

AA has changed our flight from Newark to 11:00 am on Tuesday 5/19. Summit gets in at 8:00 am. Will this flight time work if we walk off with our luggage? What is the earliest people have gotten off with self debarked at Bayonne

Thank you.

Likely 30-60 minutes after arrival.  No way I would even attempt that.  Traffic, construction (still) and the hell hole that is EWR.  I have CLEAR (which is ONLY currently at United's terminal) and TSA Precheck and I wouldn't try it.   AA changed it, look at their schedule, find another one and call them and have them change you to a preferable time.

12 hours ago, megr1125 said:

Likely 30-60 minutes after arrival.  No way I would even attempt that.  Traffic, construction (still) and the hell hole that is EWR.  I have CLEAR (which is ONLY currently at United's terminal) and TSA Precheck and I wouldn't try it.   AA changed it, look at their schedule, find another one and call them and have them change you to a preferable time.

Thank you. We changed it to the only other non stop flight leaving at 5:30 pm. We will be spending a few hours at EWR! No other option at this point.

• Like 1