Breeze CD

AtSeaWithChris

I have been watching the Breeze CD on the CD schedule and I have noticed that nobody is the CD for longer than 3 months or so. Does the Breeze have a longterm CD? I know they work 6-8 months then take a vacation and someone covers for them while they are gone. It just seems that the Breeze is in a pattern or short term CDs. Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

I have been watching the Breeze CD on the CD schedule and I have noticed that nobody is the CD for longer than 3 months or so. Does the Breeze have a longterm CD? I know they work 6-8 months then take a vacation and someone covers for them while they are gone. It just seems that the Breeze is in a pattern or short term CDs. Thanks in advance.

From what I've seen, Carnival rotates all of the CD's over the entire fleet, and none are more than 5 or 6 months, with a lot of them only 4 or 5 months, then off to their new assignment. 

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

From what I've seen, Carnival rotates all of the CD's over the entire fleet, and none are more than 5 or 6 months, with a lot of them only 4 or 5 months, then off to their new assignment. 

But don't they typically assign a CD a ship? For example Matt Mitchum was on the Breeze for a couple of years before he went to the Vista for awhile. They had fill-ins while he was on vacation or doing special events.

3 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

But don't they typically assign a CD a ship? For example Matt Mitchum was on the Breeze for a couple of years before he went to the Vista for awhile. They had fill-ins while he was on vacation or doing special events.

Yes they do, but not permanently. There is a website that posts all cruise directors, and what ships they are on and where they are going, every so often. Maybe somebody will come along shortly and post a link. That'll give you a good idea of who's where and when. 

Just now, Joe817 said:

Yes they do, but not permanently. There is a website that posts all cruise directors, and what ships they are on and where they are going, every so often. Maybe somebody will come along shortly and post a link. That'll give you a good idea of who's where and when. 

That's the airtable schedule, which I have been following and noticed the short term lists. It seems that Dr E. is the only one there twice but is split up with others in the middle.

https://airtable.com/shrxzucqLGHbpDmm8/tblZJCAW6us7UhDmZ?blocks=hide

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 4:23 PM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I had MarQ on my August/September 2019 Breeze cruise, He was amazing and a lot of fun. 

MarQ told me that Carnival usually assigns a CD to a ship for no longer than 2 years, with of course time off for vacations in that time period. After 2 years with the same ship, they are assigned a different ship in the fleet. I’ve noticed on the airtable schedule as well that there doesn’t seem to be any CD’s currently assigned to any ship for long periods of time. Also noticed that Mike Pack was supposed to be on Horizon until April 18 but is now leaving February 16 with no other assignments showing on the schedule. I know he and Emma got married right before their current contracts started. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

1 hour ago, blarko said:

Also noticed that Mike Pack was supposed to be on Horizon until April 18 but is now leaving February 16 with no other assignments showing on the schedule. I know he and Emma got married right before their current contracts started. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Maybe... Mike took an office job with Carnival HQ.  I'll quote the relevant portion of his announcement, since I don't think CC will let me link his page directly:

Carnival Family, I have exciting news!

I am progressing in my career with Carnival and it gives me great pride to share with you that I am now the Fleet Entertainment Trainer for Carnival Entertainment.

Although it is sad that I will be leaving the Carnival Horizon February 16th, this promotion is one I feel very honoured to have accepted & feel very lucky to be advancing with Carnival - looking forward to making even more memories and excited for this next chapter!

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 4:45 PM, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Hopefully the schedule for halloween cruise will be updated soon.

Agree!  We are on the same sailing as you are.  I missed Dr. E when he was on the Magic by about 2-3 weeks.  I am hoping he will be ours.  I've heard a lot of good things about him.