Frustrated

29 minutes ago, MLissa Jack said:

I beg your pardon - I don't need to share my issues with RC in this forum.  I was merely looking for assistance to make sure the email addresses I have been sending emails to are correct.  

Maybe if people knew the problem, they would know which email address is the best one to use.... 

If you email the CEO, he's not going to read it. Along with probably hundreds of other people who send emails to him, it will be read by someone much lower down on the food chain. They will then have to determine which department should deal with your issue, and forward it to them. Now another underling reads it, and determines who is the best person to respond, and forwards it to them.

If that person can't help you, they will forward your email to their manager. If the manager can't deal with it, it will go to the department head. If they can't deal with it, it will get to one of the CEO's assistants. From there, it might be brought to the attention of the CEO.

Anyway, it's your super sensitive issue, so you deal with it your way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

I feel your pain.  People on here can be vicious and want to know all your personal issues.  I was attacked 2 weeks ago for a similar post everyone wanting to know the specific issue so they could help.  IT IS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

And look what happened to your thread.... it was closed by a moderator due to it being pointless. People can't help when they don't know the problem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

And look what happened to your thread.... it was closed by a moderator due to it being pointless. People can't help when they don't know the problem.

It was closed because the question was answered and did not require anymore BS.

2 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

It was closed because the question was answered and did not require anymore BS.

Threads don't get closed because the question is answered. Those threads just die on their own.

Threads get closed when they're pointless.

• Like 1

oh wow - my original question was about an email address.  I was checking if royalguestrelations@rccl.com and mbayley@rccl.com were correct email addresses.  The reason for wanting that information if not of anyone's concern.  I not being rude or "obtuse" I asked a question.  Whether the CEO physically types his email responses is also irrelevant.  I can assure you, I would not be trying to email the CEO of a large organisation to tell him I was unhappy with the sheet selection in my cabin.  I would only want to escalate if it was unable to be handled by sending a PM.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

Like your responses .. POINTLESS

My responses were trying to elicit more information so that more assistance can be provided to the OP.

Yours, on the other hand, served no purpose other than to highlight you own pointless thread that was closed by a moderator.

Anyway, back to THIS thread, and if the OP won't give more information, they can't get any more assistance.

Part of the problem is everyone uses the same email addresses whether it is for what most would consider a minor issue or truly what needs to go to a senior executive.  Again, in the world we live in, if you post on a public forum anything at all, be prepared to add, or be asked to add, additional info.  So much is available via a search by posting you are opening yourself up to those questions.  

• Like 4

OP: Google Christopher Elliott Organization and contact them to get personal email addresses of the senior cruise line execs.

You will have to justify your request with details in order for Elliott to point you in the right direction.

Though I haven't updated it lately, I've got the exec list for Our preferred line to which I've added other managerial level contacts over the years.

And, as I mentioned in an earlier post, a TA who is a top seller for your line has those execs as speed dials on their phone.

As much as I disagree with the OP's decision to contact an exec member, there is no need to post the issue here.

Whether it's right or wrong the OP has decided it's enough of a decision to escalate. I just wish she/he would have followed the right paths in doing so.

Either way, no need to air dirty laundry here.

Edited by brad_p

On 2/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, MLissa Jack said:

They have offered to chat via PM however I cannot provide all the detail which needs to be provided in that forum - as in I have too much info for a PM

Just make sure that when you contact them, you limit your complaint to only the most relevant details.  People often post complaints on CC that go on and on for many paragraphs, and much of the info really isn't relevant to the core issue.  When they include it, it dilutes the real issue, making them less likely to get the response they seek.  Be as concise as possible to get the best result.

On 2/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, MLissa Jack said:

Whether the CEO physically types his email responses is also irrelevant.  I can assure you, I would not be trying to email the CEO of a large organisation to tell him I was unhappy with the sheet selection in my cabin.  I would only want to escalate if it was unable to be handled by sending a PM.  

As you've already said you can't deal with your issue via PM, it sounds like you still expect that the CEO is going to personally read and respond to your email, which is highly unlikely.  Even though the email address is his name, I can assure you virtually 100% that it doesn't go directly to him and will be handled by an underling.